Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

Got the plow to almost work

BairleaFarm

No bad for my first real attempt. I still need to clean more rust off. Tell me if the tip should be rounded like it is?

DSCN0284.jpg

DSCN0285.jpg

DSCN0283.jpg

DSCN0287.jpg

DSCN0286.jpg

KyBlue

Im gonna venture a guess and say... Nope. Maybe you can remake that tip...weld it on, grind it smooth?

BairleaFarm

Thats what I plan on doing unless its suppose to be that way for a reason.

KyBlue

Cept you cant weld (your own words) I gotta pickup a new bottle for my welder... then I can weld it for ya if need be.

big mike

It looks like a fair section of the point is gone.It also looks like the mold board is worn to the point that the land side is exposed.If you look straight down on it the edge of the mold board should over hang the land side by 1/16-1/8".

jerrell

:USA: can't really tell for sure david, but it looks like the point is shot, :banghead: if i am not mistaken you can take the botom part of that plow off and replace it. i have a co-op not to far away and i stop in all the time to look around and i think i have seen parts like you need. also they have small middlebuster i bought for mine. but it would not work on mine as i cannot adjust the angle of the point, i am going to get one like yours. and i like that little farmer you got there and that good looking soil, mine is white and hard as concrete, lots of clay...

mcwh1950

david ... here are some picture of my plow/////

th_100_2327.jpg

th_100_2328.jpg

th_100_2329.jpg

th_100_2330.jpg

th_100_2331.jpg

th_100_2332.jpg

th_100_2333.jpg

hope this help

edit (nylyon clickless pictures)

BairleaFarm

Thanks, looks to me that the rounded edge is the issue. Ill get that fixed and try again come spring. :banghead: thanks guys

big mike

Try here for a new share for your plow.

http://www.brinly.com/

I doubt you would find a share at a farm store because these are relatively small plows compared to regular farming equipment.

BairleaFarm

Thanks. I didnt think about size being an issue wit these when looking for parts at TSC. Looks like they havent changed there design in a while

PP-51BH-large.jpg

KyBlue

You know big Mike has a point...You can probably order new parts to replace whats worn down and rolled under on that plow of yours.

They are just over the river from Lville, if'n you needed to pickup the parts - thou I dont really think they sell direct to the public

Rod(NASNUT)

david ... here are some picture of my plow/////

th_100_2327.jpg

th_100_2328.jpg

th_100_2329.jpg

th_100_2330.jpg

th_100_2331.jpg

th_100_2332.jpg

th_100_2333.jpg

hope this help

edit (nylyon clickless pictures)

:USA: I was thinking the plow hooked to the rear of the trator not on the hood no wonder I can not plow with mine :banghead:

big mike

I have heard they will sell to the public......parts only.I have also heard people say they will not.....I suppose it depends on who answers the phone and how their day is going.

The pictures with rounded points are worn,when new they had an almost squared off point.If I could figure out how to use photobucket I would post a pic of one of my plows that is hardly worn.

With the plow mounted to the hood you have to hold your breath and drive like Hedoublehockeysticks.......oh yea and be upside down :banghead: