oliver2-44

What is a Bolens Ride-A-Matic Worth?

oliver2-44

This weekend I'm going to checkout a Bolens Ride-A-Matic that belonged to a coworkers uncle. It supposedly has a tiller and a mower deck.

I don't  have any details except its been sitting in a shed a long time, so I'm sure it's not running. 

Am I correct, the round nose ones are 1958,1959 vintage. Then from 1960 to 1962 they gradually got a squarer hood.

What would be a good-fair price range for each year model in

"(fairly complete but rusty restore-able condition"

"( fairly complete with fair paint/patina and engine turns over, possible start-able as is condition)  

GlenPettit

Be best to ask that question, or search for back posts in the 

Bolens Forum on:   www.GardenTractorTalk.com  or

on  www.MyTractorForum.com , in the Bolens group,

or just Google that question.

• Like 1

buckrancher

57/58 are round noses

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Joe Warren
      By Joe Warren
      Bolens FMC 33" Rear Mounted Rotary Tiller, New Old Stock, Model number 18093 02. Includes tiller, drive shaft, mounting brackets and hardware.

Fits Bolens large frame lawn and garden tractors.  Drive shaft length changes with tractor model. Contact me for further information. 

Price reduced to $449. Local pickup in Easton MA. Or, I may be able to deliver to southern New England, Eastern  NY, or Bridgewater NJ area. Message me with any questions.

Thank you,
      Joe

• 69-Raider-10
      By 69-Raider-10
      Hello all. I have a Bolens 1254-01 that Im taking out of retirement and putting back to work as my snow throwing machine. I got it in a trade and it came with a good deck, snow thrower, wheel weights, and chains. I love the spline shaft accessory hookup as I think it will churn up snow better than a belt driven pto. Not to mention the Wisconsin 12hp is in its final stages of life and recently started sending out smoke signals when first started until it warms up. Might as well run it until she quits and rebuild. 
      That being said, I am missing the coupler that attaches the PTO Shaft to the gear box of the attachments. Its a female spline to univeral joint attachment and looks like this.
      Here is the tractor. I recently gave it a sand/prime/paint but no decals yet until I decide on the modded hood staying or going. I took the pic from the Sam Bolens website. Im looking for a cheaper alternative. Thanks for any help!