WHEEL HORSE 312-8

DESIDED!

WHEEL HORSE 312-8

I'm becoming the new owner of 1972 raider 10 with a HH100 Tecumseh. Has no tranny but I have one for it.do the raider tens have any issues

Ken B

only the Tecky... :ychain: make sure it runs because if the solid state ignition is bad it'll get pretty spendy  to fix..

• Like 2

chazm

Good tractor ... :handgestures-thumbupright:   My Raider-10 is my main worker winter & summer for the last 5years  :icecream:

• Like 1

slammer302

I have one with bad soild state ignition I just love pushing it around from one corner to the other

• Like 3

rustyoldjunk

There is a small company making brand new replacements for the solid state ignitions now.

• Like 1

WHEEL HORSE 312-8

Anyone got a pic solid state ignition

Edited by WHEEL HORSE 312-8

Zeek

Tecumseh's Rule . . . just ask these guys from the the Tecumseh Club.  I think that's the president in the center  :dance:  :hide:

Tecumseh_zps70582a2f.jpg

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

My 1972 Raider 10 has a 10 hsp K241S on it.  It is a very nice horse.  :)

rustyoldjunk

When the cast iron Tecky's are running right they are smooth and powerful. Honestly they are a good engine that gets a bad rap,I mean with so many still running around 50 years later they can't be too bad. There are two different kinds of SSI units,one is under the flywheel the other is all above the flywheel. Here is a under the flywheel type in a 68 HH120.

post-146-0-51158600-1421948388_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

chip61

I have a Sears SS12 with HH120. Solid State ignition died a couple years ago and I replaced it with a conversion from Overnight Solutions. I think it was less than $100.00 and it works great. It's a very smooth running engine.

• Like 1

jackhammer

Tecumseh's Rule . . . just ask these guys from the the Tecumseh Club.  I think that's the president in the center  :dance:  :hide:

Tecumseh_zps70582a2f.jpg

I recognize who I think is TerryM  and Steve ... but will someone clarify who is the ringleader with the hardhat ???

Zeek

AMC Rules . . . he doesn't like to advertise that so make sure tell no one  :eusa-shhh:

Edited by Zeek

Digger 66

I'm becoming the new owner of 1972 raider 10

Congrats , brother ! 

jackhammer

Dang gum it Zeek,, you ought to know you cant tell me  a secret.  :) :)

Thanks very much ,, I thought that show there might have been around here in the Midwest somwhere

Checking out the radar and your position looks like you just beginning to get that snow.  Good luck

Much appreciated.

KyBlue

Congrats!

Zeek

Dang gum it Zeek,, you ought to know you cant tell me  a secret.  :) :)

Thanks very much ,, I thought that show there might have been around here in the Midwest somwhere

Checking out the radar and your position looks like you just beginning to get that snow.  Good luck

Much appreciated.

That picture was from the annual WHCC June show in Biglerville,PA . . . good times  :romance-grouphug:

Snow . . . funny you mention that.  I was just looking outside.  nothing yet, but it's supposed to be a little messy the two days.