pfrederi

How are your winter projects going..what is in your shop??

rick

I have a bunch of stuff to do- decarbon/valve adjust on 416H, sell C111 and 310-8, take frame off 414-8 parts roller and get it re-enforced at the trans mounting plate so I can put it on my 416H. I need to fix the wipers on my Merc GM and sell it, and get my Tahoe running so I can give it to my oldest daughter. At 66, after working an 8 hour day including 2 hours of windshield time, spending time with the wife and Murphy the Basset hound takes precedence!

Tankman

All's runnin' well but, PM (preventative maintenance) goes on and on and on.

Today changed tires on the Work Horse, just to put chains on for the snow pushin' the grandsons prayed for. They must be nutso! White junqué, who needs it?

Last big project, almost done. A '90 520-8, runs great now! Still workin' on the Horse but not much to do.

• Like 2

Racinbob

Love the picture Tankman but I had to do a double take. Is that hat allowed? :eek::)

Don1977

Love the picture Tankman but I had to do a double take. Is that hat allowed? :eek::)

Tankman you are being slack on your Wheel Horse training, Green Hats with Yellow Deere are not allowed. Shape up before you start painting Wheel Horses green and yellow.

• Like 3

Tankman

No but I'm just the grandpop. I think he got it from some good-for-nothin' trouble maker! Oh deere!   :bow-blue:

Paid a couple of hundred bucks for that Horse. Think I got ripped?

Hey, spend a few hundred just 'cause I needed the '90 520-8!

The 'T' junqué had to go; decals, steering wheel top center, air screen center piece, all gone!

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1

Pullstart

Whether they are pregnant or not, wives are gonna complain about smelling something. 

I don't need fuel or oil to get that statement...  just a nice meal with plenty of hot peppers :)

• Like 2

alswagg

I just finished installing power assisted steering to my D back hoe/loader.  Next is to prep and paint.  The other D  has been pulling snow blower duty at our cabin in Michigan.  Not much use this winter however. 

Racinbob

How 'bout what has kept me from working in the shop. This was supposed to be just a freshen up job but when I got started there was so much hidden damage it became a total gut job. Replaced damaged framing, built new shower and cabinets, plumbing, tile, on and on..................... :banghead:  The good news is it's done. I've got the 42"sd deck underside ready for some POR-15 but it got too cold out (only for a couple days) and I'm finally back on the Suburban.

post-8408-0-94276300-1422395720_thumb.jp

post-8408-0-49160900-1422395733_thumb.jp

post-8408-0-34795400-1422395749_thumb.jp

• Like 4

squonk

That's awesome! A paint booth in the house!  :)  :ychain:

• Like 4

Racinbob

I like that idea!! As soon as YOU run that past Mrs. Bob I may just try it. :)

squonk

You have to start out slow. First tractor parts under the bed. Then using the oven to warm and dry parts, (Maynard can help you with that one  :) ) Then come book shelves loaded with parts in the good living room. THEN the booth!  :)  :thumbs:

• Like 1

Racinbob

Even at my old age and playing with :wh: for 55 years I must still be a rookie. I do have had a completely stripped Suburban hood that's been sitting in the computer room for quite a while though. Yup, a rookie. Either that or I'm scared to death of my wife :eek:

stevasaurus

Bob, I like that outside door right next to the "growler"...great for a quick get away. :)

• Like 1

cheesegrader

I've finished almost all of the 520 repairs including the Cozy Cab.  Got the linear actuator installed on the chute of the 2-stage thrower, but managed to break the DPDT switch while installing it in the mount!  

So, first, I will replace all the things I broke last weekend.  

Tomorrow, I have to fix the kerosene heater in the pole barn, because it will be -10 on Friday.

This weekend, we have on the list:

spinner knobs on two of the 520's

New seals, float and needle valve to the spare carb, then swap into the '94 520

swap out the hydro control valve on the 91 520, and if it stops the *$#&# leak, replace the hydro hoses to the ram, and refill with amsoil.

Drive to Tomah Sunday to meet SooFooDude and pick up my new SWEEPSTER!!!!!

Install sweepster, and blast snow all over the neighborhood!  Whoo Hoooo!