Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Some show reading

T-Mo

Karl,

I actually got around to reading this article today. Very good, very nice article. And I recognized some names also, which is an added bonus. What strike me funny, though, was the part about Ed Cole, who represents Toro at these. Interesting and ironic since Toro discontinued the brand. All in all, a good article. :D

BPjunk

Terry,

Ed Cole has worked for Toro Wheel Horse since the 70's and helps tremendously with donations for the raffle along with his intelect on Wheel Horses (as a matter of fact I spoke with him today). It is a nice article on the Wheel Horse Show and it was written by a die hard Cub Cadet Fan, Oscar Will has written a neat book full of history on the Cub Cadet.

What you guys need to see is the movie "Riding Horses", a movie on the Wheel Horse Show was made from 9 hours of video taken at the show and then cut down to 1-1/2 hours by Derick Mayhew (Ed Mayhew the decal makers brother) and then sent to film festivals all over North America. This was done at the 3rd Annual Wheel Horse Show, it shows the famed slow tractor race, tractor pulls and parades.

Bill in Richmond, Va.

nylyon

Now can you imagine showing that movie at the 10th Annual Wheel Horse Collectors Show at night, outside, in the old drive-in movie style. I can see it now all the Wheel Horses gathered in a short semi-circle around the Movie Screen kiddies sittin on Dad's (or Mom's) lap, popcorn all around just like the old days. What a picture that would make huh?

Makes me want to get in my jamies just thinking about it!

T-Mo

Bill,

Thanks for setting me straight on Ed. I just thought it was sort of ironic, though I know one person can not persuade a corporation to move in one direction or not, unless he was the CEO. :P

Is this video readily available anywhere? I would love to see it. :D

Curmudgeon

Bill, do you mean "Riding Horseback" made several years ago? If so, I'm cool, but if there is another, HOW do I get it????

nylyon

Dale, does that mean you have a Wheel Horse movie? Riding Horseback?

Buzz

I bought a copy at the show and it's pretty good. :P Enjoy watching it this time of year to shake off some of the cabin fever. I told Ed last year that he should run more copies and sell them again but guess he's too busy...... :D

nylyon

I'd be willing to bet that he'd be able to sell a few, and it would save me driving to your house Buzz, with Pop Corn :D

combatmp29r

Karl did you say we're all going to Buzz's house to watch the movie? I'lll bring the candy. :P :D

nylyon

I guess I did. I'm born and raised in Jersey, so it don't scare me none and I'm immune to all the stuff that glows too!

combatmp29r

I spent some time there pulling guard duty in Bayone Harbor. Uncle sam led the public to believe the Rangers were there to guard Nukes, but really we were documenting the Statue of Liberty's sleep walking habits :P :D

T-Mo

Man, first a book about Wheel Horses that I'm too late to buy unless I want to spend big bucks on ebay (at least the 2nd edition will be out soon). And now a video that I apparently missed out on. Oh, man. :D

Buzz

I guess I did. I'm born and raised in Jersey, so it don't scare me none and I'm immune to all the stuff that glows too!

If you were born and raised in NJ you know to bring a bottle of gin to dump in the over-priced soda you buy at the movies :P ........... I'm down in South Jersey at the edge of the Pine Barrens, light years from Bayonne. We're 1/2 hour from Atlantic City and 10 minutes from the new, soon to be opened Thunderbolt Raceway (www.njmotorsportpark.com) :( and ,alas, 3 miles from the site of a three day Lollapooloza/Woodstock type rock concert :D

The movie is in the old VHS format so if someone had a 12 volt player or a small generator and player I could bring it a we could have movie night at the show..........

baerpath

The movie is in the old VHS format so if someone had a 12 volt player or a small generator and player I could bring it a we could have movie night at the show..........

Shoot I can bring an inverter and player, but who's got a portable LCD 50inch TV :D

I do have a 400 ft extension cord also from the farm

Curmudgeon

I have both the VHS tape and the DVD format. However, I have no way to copy either. Not sure how Derrick would feel about unauthorized copying though.

nylyon

Can't copy anything with a copyright without the holders permission. If the tape has a copyright just need to ask.