Wheelie horse

Small rust spot

Wheelie horse

I always take care of my 416 with a fresh coat of wax every year but when I bought it it came with a small rust spot on the hood and most people would not care but that started to bother me and was wondering what the best possible way to fix it is

Thanks

• Like 1

doc724

In my opinion, and I am not a body shop guy, you have three options.  1.  Leave it alone; 2.  Sand down the area, prime it and paint it and hope the paint matches good enough so it will not bug you; 3.  Sand down the area, wet sand the rest of the same hood surface, prime the spot, tape off the hood around the decal and paint the hood.  At least the full painted area will look the same and even if it does not exactly match the rest of the hood if will be difficult to tell since the decals are a good visual separator.  I am guessing there are other RS members who may have a better suggestion.

kudzu3

If the spot is only surface rust, use 0000 steel wool and light oil, to gently scrub the rust away. You'll be left with a spot with no paint but the rust will be gone and the paint around it won't be damaged. You will have trouble matching the original paint, so you may want to just put a good coat of wax on it.