Wheel Horse Collector

My Wheel Horse Raider 10 New Puller Project

Wheel Horse Collector

I just bought a Wheel Horse Raider 10 Saturday and I want to make into a pulling tractor. I've never turned one into a puller before. So I've never really had experience. I need suggestions on what I should do to it.post-14524-0-58199900-1421146573.pngpost-14524-0-58199900-1421146573.pngpost-14524-0-58199900-1421146573.png 

• Like 1

Jim_M

Get a copy of your local club's rules and build it from there. Remember to look for the gray areas in the rules and use them to your advantage because I can guarantee you everyone else is.

Wheel Horse Collector

Thanks

Geno

Jim has a great idea.  Also  :WRS:

Ken B

The very first thing I would do is ditch the Tecky power... :hide:

• Like 1

squonk

:)  :)  :)

• Like 1

TT

The very first thing I would do is ditch the Tecky power... :hide:

Aside from the now-pricey solid state ignition, I've had quite a bit of luck with the HH series Tecumseh engines. :confusion-shrug:

As far as pulling with one....  this was my '70 R-10 with nothing more than dried-out 10.50 turfs, wheel weights, a stack, and a 200 series vert front axle & 6" front wheels. It did have a newer 8 pinion tranz swap though.

I wasn't expecting the boy to cruise right past where I was perched for the video, but I was more than thrilled when he did.  :handgestures-thumbup:

That's the "big" sled used with the farm tractors at the local antique show - they just pull the big pan for the GTs.

• Like 2

Ken B

I've had problems with the solid state ignition myself and it usually never ends well. Terry is correct. I've owned quite a few Sears Suburbans with 10 and 12 hp Tecumseh's that ran real strong but every one I've come across in a Wheel Horse was whooped. So if yours runs decent give it a go!