bamaboyz71

Transmission Problem!

bamaboyz71

I Need help to find some gears and seals for my 1960 wheel Horse or buy a good rebuilt Transmission. Help! Thanks

• Like 2

JimD

Seal and bearings cross reference threads are pinned at the top of the transmission section and you can contact member Racinfool40 for transmission parts by pm. There may be transmissions for sale in the classified section and member Jake Kuhn might be able to help with a rebuilt transmission.

• Like 1

Racinbob

:WRS: bama, can you give some details on what your transmission is or isn't doing? As Jim mentioned, the cross reference will get you going on the seals and bearings. The only seals that can't be found outside of Toro is the axle seals. They still had some a few months ago when I bought a pair. The gears can be had but you would need to find out which ones you needed. Check out Stevasaurus's videos and you'll get a good idea of what you're dealing with when you open it up for inspection. Post pictures and ask questions and you'll find that the folks here will gladly offer all the help you'll need. :)

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Hey Bama...let us know when you start tearing into it.  You want to take the brake shaft side plate off first and then pull out the gears.  :)

• Like 2

boovuc

Dear Jim....................................Are we going to have to see that signature with "Bucky the Hunter" for the next year? Oh God I hope not!!!!!! :text-offtopic:  :no:

• Like 3

bamaboyz71

Thank you all for the information... I Have the gears out and right now I'm trying to find out how to post em. forgive me for being a farm boy. lol

stevasaurus

I believe you will have to post them on a separate website (photobucket) and then you can copy the picture with the "IMG" code and just paste in your thread.  :)

JimD

If you have your pictures in your computer you can also post them as "attachments".  At the bottom of the post window click on "More reply options" then click the "Choose Files" button at the bottom left. This will open your picture files to search for the pic you want. Highlight the pic then click "Open" and watch the magic happen. :)

The advantage to posting pics this way is that they will stay put even if deleted from your computer. With photobucket if you delete a pic it breaks the link and the pics are lost in the thread. :thumbs:

JimD

Dear Jim....................................Are we going to have to see that signature with "Bucky the Hunter" for the next year? Oh God I hope not!!!!!! :text-offtopic:  :no:

No Boo, I just had to have my fun for a day or two. I know better than to rub  it in too long and hard. Gotta live and let live in this world to some degree if you want to have any friends. :ROTF:

boovuc

Oh hell, Jim! If PSU won another National Championship or God forbid, if my Jets won a Super Bowl, I would be gloating until Spring!

OSU overcame injuries to the most key person on offense twice and won it all. Says a lot about the team. (And maybe Urban Legend Meyer).  :)

Bama.......As Jim pointed out, any way you can get the photos up so they can be viewed will be a huge help. PhotoBucket is a great place to throw your pics then share here. I never got spam or any junk from my account on PhotoBucket as opposed to some other sharing sites that we won't mention.