Fun Engineer

What am I looking at, 702, 753??

Fun Engineer

Hope to go look at this tractor next week. Can any of you round hood experts help me identify what it is and what it may be worth? These are the pictures he texted me.

Here's what I know. It hasn't been run in 15 years. Was repainted by the current owner who has owned it for the last 16 years. Has sat inside for the last 15 years. Has rear wheel extenders and wrong rear tires. That's all I know.

Sent from my tractor seat.

• Like 5

Vinylguy

May be the wrong tires but I like them.

Nice looking unit.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Who cares... :thumbs: 

just, get it home. 

• Like 3

Shynon

Looks like a 702

wheel horse man

Hard to tell but just judging but what i can see buy the front axel has a high arch to it its a 702

new2horses

Dave,

Gas tank looks to be from '62.

Good find!

Shynon

Look close at the brake/clutch pedal looks rounded like 62

Geno

just, get it home. 

:text-yeahthat:    :text-woo:

Fun Engineer

So if it's a 702 with the one piece tank I don't have to worry about gasket leaks?

I think the guys looking to get $500 for it but I'm thinking since he hasn't had it running in quite a while that's it's worth far less. I will only be able to test to see if the crank will spin. Can't test the hydro pump either. [emoji19] Not too happy about the repaint job either but at least it protected it [emoji4]

I first contacted him last August and we've both been busy so I finally have time to go check it out.

Mr. 856

the tires based on the tread look like the original wheel horse tires that are on my 856

64s

just, get it home.

2X

buckrancher

Dave looks to be a 702 and yes it has the solid tank

$500 is too much in a non-running condition

Brian

Edited by buckrancher
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

Don't worry about that HY-2 unit...there is nothing to rebuilding it if it leaks.  I did a thread on that and Indy still has the new seals if you need them.  Looks like a 702...I think that is the right deck for it also.  That HY-2 unit is selling for over $100 at shows and it looks like all the parts are there.  Yes, 500 is too much not running, but if engine is not froze up, I think $150 would be stealing it...$200 to $250 is a good price...I might go as high as $300 (just because I like the 702's), I have a 702 with HY-2 and it is a great starting and running horse.  The original rear tires would look like narrow snow tires.

2008_0723roundhood70219620005.jpg

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 6

Fun Engineer

Thanks to all you experts for the input. Hopefully I can work out a fair deal with the guy.

Beside my little Lawn Ranger L-157, the only round hood I have is the 603 I picked up last summer so I have zero experience with any of the round hoods. I haven't done a thing to the 603 other than power wash it. Haven't even tried to start it yet. That will change today as I'm finally caught up with all my home and barn projects and can get back to playing, I mean working on the horses [emoji4]

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 2

Fun Engineer

I haven't been able to work out a time convenient for both of us yet .  Would really like to get over and check this out.