Nathanielperz

Moving the transmission

Nathanielperz

So I was moving the transmission from my 1276 from 2 jack stands to a floor jack and since everyone else in my family was busy I decided to go solo and move it my self... I got it up one time and it kind of fell over... :no:  then I picked it up again and this time actually got it onto the floor jack.... It then slipped off the floor jack and I made the STUPID mistake of trying to catch it... It crushed my Pointer finger and my middle finger between the transmission and the floor jack... My hand went numb instantly and  I didn't feel anything except a little pain in my pointer finger... then I noticed some blood and I looked at my hand and it had peeled the skin on my middle finger back from (the palm side) the first knuckle (going from the finger tip) to where the nail starts... :ranting:  :angry-steamingears:  :angry-steamingears:  :angry-steamingears:  :ranting:  The nail of my pointer finger went dark blue instantly.

Not a very fun day...

-Nate

AMC RULES

Isn't the President of a mower cycle club...

'sposed to be all scarred up?    :auto-biker: 

Hope you heal fast Nate.    :)

• Like 2

Nathanielperz

Not this one VP!!!

Its healing already still a little sore... it happened like 2 weeks ago... I drill a hole in the nail to relieve the pressure the next day and it felt so much better!!

-Nate

• Like 2

Jparkes43

oh dear nate, hope you will heal up soon so you can get back to work

all the best

james

Nathanielperz

Already back to work James! I crushed my hand went in wash the cut real good with rubbing alcohol then bandaged it and iced my finger for an hour or so... then I went back out and lifted the transmission onto the floor jack and went back in... the next day I put the frame and tires back on... :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Gotta man up and work through the pain! :ROTF:

• Like 1

Jparkes43

Already back to work James! I crushed my hand went in wash the cut real good with rubbing alcohol then bandaged it and iced my finger for an hour or so... then I went back out and lifted the transmission onto the floor jack and went back in... the next day I put the frame and tires back on... :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Gotta man up and work through the pain! :ROTF:

wow nate that is determination

james

Nathanielperz

yes sir! Thank you guys for you concern!!

-Nate

Firpo701

Nothing worse than the word "mash" when it doesn't pertain to potatoes!

• Like 7

Nathanielperz

:hilarious:  So true!!!!!!!

Nothing worse than the word "mash" when it doesn't pertain to potatoes!

• Like 1

19richie66

Also make sure the drill bit is not connected to a power drill when drilling through a nail to relieve the pressure. Have not done that myself but I am sure someone probably has. Relieve one pain and cause another.