Rick_in_CT

522xi's will need a new home soon

Rick_in_CT

I'm going to be putting my two 522xi's up for sale soon, probably over the weekend.  I'm going to be doing some landscaping projects for the next couple of years that will need some bigger equipment, and I don't have room to store everything indoors so for now I have to reduce the number of toys.  As soon as the new equipment arrives, these must go!!  This will be my first time without a Wheel Horse since 1973.  Not an easy decision to make. 

They are currently set up for snow removal, as shown in the picture.  The one with the blower is a 1998 with 461 hours, and the one with the blade is a 2004 with 241 hours.  Both have always been garaged, Mobil 1 in the engines and hydros.  These are turnkey, need nothing.  The blower has a linear actuator on the chute, and the cab has LED lighting. 

My plan is to sell the tractors first with as many attachments as the buyer wants, then any left over attachments will be listed separately.  If someone wants a tractor with deck, and no snow attachments, I will reconfigure the tractor and sell the snow gear later.  Additional attachments are as follows:

Another 48" snow blade assembly, new, never has been out of the box

Another set of wheel weights, only used a couple of times

Two 48" decks, one has not been used years, the other is used every year (all new bearings this year)  Each one has a mule

One 60" deck, purchased new winter of 2012, only used a few times, with mule (it is New Holland blue in color)

48" vac bagger attachment

Equipment is located in Connecticut.  I should have them on the classifieds section over the weekend, and will be putting them on C/L and advertising locally.  I wanted to give anyone on the forum a heads up to ask any questions, or request pictures before they are listed (feel free to PM me).  I'm going to initially price them as equipped in the pictures, if anyone has a different configuration of tractor and attachments in mind, I will price it out accordingly.  As I said before, any left over attachments will be sold last. 

Thanks,

Rick

post-8836-0-08251200-1420632131_thumb.jp

• Like 1

kiotiken

Nice looking tractors. Would really like the one with cab and blower! Problem is about a thousand miles apart.lol

Challenger

U-Ship or Fastenal could get that tractor to Michigan at a pretty reasonable price I bet.

Edited by Challenger

bmsgaffer

Wow, those look amazing. I would love to have one with the blade and a 48" deck but I know they will be out of my price range. Look forward to owning one of those some day. *drifts off to dream land again*

• Like 1

Forest Road

So what exactly are you purchasing for your landscape projects?

Rick_in_CT

I went with a Kubota BX.  I need the loader to save my back and the ability to use 3 point implements.  I didn't want to over work the 522xi's, so I decided to go with something a little heavier for a while.  If I had the indoor storage space, I would probably keep everything, but that's not in the cards right now.  The cars are already outdoors, and the shed is full.  Good problems to have, not complaining.   

Rick

Forest Road

If my wife would promise not to divorce me iI'd follow your lead. Unfortunately my horses are used at the vacation home. Pretty hard to justify spending anymore money up there. Best of luck with your projects.

Wishin4a416

Two beautiful machines there Rick!  They look like new. You will love the BX . I know I do. The grounds crew at work run them and I mean hard and they hold up well. And I run my FIL's B now that he is gone, another fine machine.

post-8484-0-54593000-1420671281.jpg

wheel-mule

I think I would just buy me a 8x10 utility building and keep everything.Because you know you will regret not having the horses

• Like 1