Lagersolut

Totally disgusted

can whlvr

up here in Canada kmart has been gone for many years,and sears is on the way out,probally wont be here in 2017,so I wouldn't even consider getting tools there,or any thing else,their appliances are junk,and customer service went down hill years ago

Kennedy

My wife's great grandma/grandpa bought a house kit from sears.  The house is no longer standing (it was YEARS) ago. I wish I had a picture of it, I'm sure there's one somewhere...it was HUGE and a VERY cool looking house!!!

There are a couple of the Sears home kit houses in Akron, Ohio. I watched a documentary on PBS about it several years ago.

Mark

KyBlue

I'll stick to my Snap On stuff ... Gave away my CrapsMan stuff years ago, when they started handing out refurb tools instead of new off the shelf stuff. 

Having a good dealer helps ... my dealer shows me his cost, and marks it up 10% ...

oaktown1987

Summit is fastenal but there craftsman industrial which is USA made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oaktown1987

But I've never really been a fan of craftsman I like snap Mac has most of there stuff made in China cornwell which I love matco china ur options are sk Armstrong wright snap on

Forest Road

For the last going on 14 years I've been hauling/delivering - propane , diesel , kero , heating oil etc , before this gig I was hauling live loads right off farms tractor trailer - I've been outside in the slop and the worst winter has to offer for 30 years, if there's one thing I've learned after all these years - dry warm feet are a good thing - lost count how many days/nights over those years I had a water puddle in both boots 10 degrees outside chaining up a truck.

This year I decided, after looking at Red Wings website which states American leather tanned right here in the good ole USA I was trying a pair of these 200 dollar + boots . Found a pair I liked so I ask the girl , are these made in the US ?

No she says , the leather is produced and tanned here then sent to China where they make the boots .

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My local Red Wing dealer has told me the same thing. They've also pointed out the boots claimed to be made here. Typically $50+ over the Chinese stuff.

A friend of mine took over management of a filter element company. They make the paper for most of the major auto filters. Purolator, Fram, Ford, kohler, Briggs.... You get the idea. All manufacturing was in China when he took over. He had a factory built in South Carolina and brought 60-80 jobs back here. No more China!!!! It's a trend that's coming around as Chinese workers demand more $$$.

Ken B

I was shopping at Bob's for a new pair of boots recently. I was just about to lay down 200 bucks on a pair of Carolina boots and I noticed they said Made in China. NO DEAL. :angry-nono:

Forest Road

Sounds like quality boots are a hot topic. I have several pair of Red Wings. Some of which have been resoled 2x dating back 10 years. Many of RWs boots are still Made in USA.

I'm a power lineman in NJ. My company has 2 vendors who bring trucks on the property fully stocked w boots for everyone. Unfortunately the best boots in the business are absent.

Wesco - 100% Made in USA. @ $350+ a pair I haven't taken the plunge. Several of my friends have and swear by them. They often have them resoled more than 1x. These boots can be custom ordered for you. Great measuring info here

http://www.wescoboots.com/wesco/info.asp

Zeek

I used to be a dedicated Craftsman person as many of you until the price went up and left the quality behind.  

Actually some of the nicest and best quality hand tools I have are the Kobalt brand I got from Lowes.

They are made well, look good and are marked for size much better than others I 've had.

This set here was an impulse buy and it works great http://www.kobalttools.com/products/mechanics-tools/item/49-piece-xtreme-access-mechanics-tool-set.html

oaktown1987

Kobalt are Chinese and kind of pricy too I remember when Williams made them which is a division of snap on

kudzu3

And the politicians wonder why so many Americans are out of work, makes me sick. :eusa-think:  :bitch:

formariz

Kobalt are Chinese and kind of pricy too I remember when Williams made them which is a division of snap on

Off topic but looking at your avatar brings back memories. Many years ago I was privileged to have this beautiful creature.

post-484-0-10814300-1422319342_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

oaktown1987

I have one now post-9443-14227400728_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

formariz

They look like twins. I have to admit that I get a little misty when I see yours. I loved that animal.

What is his name?

HorseHead1089

I will always go to harbor freight for a tool first for most tools as some have a lifetime warranty and i could break their tools 3x over before buying a craftsman one of the same quality.it is hilarious that my us General pro (harborfreight) feels like a snap-on compared to craftsman professional series. second thought....i guess i could just buy some snap-on logos annnddddd.........

Edited by HorseHead1089

oaktown1987

They look like twins. I have to admit that I get a little misty when I see yours. I loved that animal.

What is his name?

His name is Apollo

oaktown1987

I will always go to harbor freight for a tool first for most tools as some have a lifetime warranty and i could break their tools 3x over before buying a craftsman one of the same quality.it is hilarious that my us General pro (harborfreight) feels like a snap-on compared to craftsman professional series. second thought....i guess i could just buy some snap-on logos annnddddd.........

It's Pittsburg pro and gaurantee that a snap on will still be around when your "general pro" breaks duralast ratchets looks same too because everyone wants there design

HorseHead1089

It's Pittsburg pro and gaurantee that a snap on will still be around when your "general pro" breaks duralast ratchets looks same too because everyone wants there design

then again $5000 vs $370 for the same size box...More money for the horses...

Edited by HorseHead1089

oaktown1987

True I have a cornwell box don't if u know that brand 67" 6000 dollars I know I can get replacement parts

Box has fell out of the truck at least 3 times don't ask still works

Sparky

I love digging thru boxes loaded with misc hand tools at flea markets and stumbling across a good name brand. About 4 years ago a guy had a box out with a $2 each sign on it.....dug thru it and found a Snap-On L710 1/2" drive ratchet that was perfect! Been using it for 4 years now. Just spent 2 hours under my truck last night on a cold concrete floor swapping out a snapped front sway bar link and once again I used my $2 Snap-on ratchet!

post-2-0-71012800-1423318713_thumb.jpg

Mike..........

• Like 2

C-101plowerpower

just have to love those old tools, i've got a williams superwrench chest 1001, best tools i've had in my hands so far