Gene_S

Mentone Indiana Spring Swap Meet

illinilefttackle

Hey Guys- I guess I'm getting old or something-WHERE is the Swap meet this time- I've been to some meets at the Park  behind the Bell Aircraft  Museum- this time it is suppost to be .7 of a mile north of there on state Rd 19? Mapquest goes crazy with the address- HELP!--- Al

RedRanger

Hey Guys- I guess I'm getting old or something-WHERE is the Swap meet this time- I've been to some meets at the Park  behind the Bell Aircraft  Museum- this time it is suppost to be .7 of a mile north of there on state Rd 19? Mapquest goes crazy with the address- HELP!--- Al

I'm showing south of Mentone on HWY 19 just South of county road 600 S.

47 Degrees and 70% rain tomorrow.  Another beautiful Hoosier day.  

We should be there looking for deals.

illinilefttackle

I'm showing south of Mentone on HWY 19 just South of county road 600 S.

47 Degrees and 70% rain tomorrow.  Another beautiful Hoosier day.  

We should be there looking for deals.

Thats what I found- does that mean the directions on the flyer are wrong?- Thanks- Al

DOC in Kentucky

Guys, I had the same issue. It is on the north side of town by the very tall antenna. Just look for the only large aerial type cell tower on the north side of town.

• Like 1

RedRanger

Guys, I had the same issue. It is on the north side of town by the very tall antenna. Just look for the only large aerial type cell tower on the north side of town.

Thanks Doc.  I could have sworn there was earlier talk of it being North of town as well.

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Looking forward to seeing some of you guys tomorrow! Hope to be there at around 8, will have a b80, and a couple other parts for sale. Hopefully the weather will hold off!

• Like 1

squonk

Please keep the Dino from climbing the antenna! No "Monster in the Sky" shots!  :)

• Like 2

RedRanger

So how do we know who are forum members there?  Is there a secret handshake or horse saying?  LOL

Save some deals for me.  I know how these swap meets work....all you venders work out the deals before the rest of us schmucks get there.  LOL

I use to go to a VW swap meet up in Lansing every year.  When the doors opened to the public, all the good stuff was already packed away in the venders trucks.  Eventually we signed up as vendors just to get the good parts.   :ychain:

RedRanger

Looking forward to seeing some of you guys tomorrow! Hope to be there at around 8, will have a b80, and a couple other parts for sale. Hopefully the weather will hold off!

Only "some" of the guys?  What about the rest of us?

RedRanger

Happy new year!!!

I know this is a little early but just wanted to let everyone know the Mentone Indiana Garden Tractor Swap Meet is April 25 2015. Same great time as before just in a new larger area. The new area for the swap meet (and show & swap in the fall) is just .7ths of a mile north of the original spot right on St Rd 19.

If anyone has any questions feel free to give Ken or me a call and we'd be glad to answer any questions.

Thanks Doc.  I could have sworn there was earlier talk of it being North of town as well.

I knew I wasn't going crazy.  Can't trust those GPS or mapping websites.

whfan74

Should be a blast with a beautiful, and spacious, new venue. Folks were rolling I last night. Couldn't sleep so I am up now. Just a little light rain so Steve should feel welcome back here in the Hoosier state.

Ray is correct....look for the cell phone tower on the north side of town. You can't miss us.

I have a feeling that this will be the biggest event yet.

We had of course some Indiana folks there last night along with representatives from Iowa, Kentucky, Ohio, and Michigan so far!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

• Like 1

squonk

Wish it were closer. 8 1/2 hrs. is a bit much for a 1 day thing. Should be some good deals to be had with the weather. I know of 1 big spender the rain scared away so should be plenty for everyone!  :thumbs:

lapazleo

Since it's an all day rain in Mentone will there be a rain date?

KC9KAS

Anyone have photos for those of us that would melt if we were rained on??

(Or too far away)

illinilefttackle

Hey Guys- Back from Mentone- no pics- I didn't melt away but my "Ride" had a hard time-since my knees have decided to give up on me- I have been delegated to getting around on a "Scooter". It usually handles grass pretty well- but today the rain made the going tough- I did get a metal rear fender pan for my C-125 from Kelly & his son and 2 Deck wheels from Dave Coulter. Also met Glen Pettit , he has a great looking trailer & display tent.  While Cruising around I met another "BIG Ten Fan" -Burly- from Ohio. NOTICE STEVEASARUS IS MISSING- or at least he was while I was there. I even checked the top of the Cell Phone tower that is there- but Alas- no Dino! Burly looked high & low for him- wanted to meet a fellow "ILLINI" fan. But- maybe another time. Too bad it rained so steady- I have enjoyed Mentone.

• Like 4

GlenPettit

WOW! ANother Great swap meet.

No pictures either, very busy meeting people, and new people, talking, and selling.

I got there last night, Friday and had the canopy & tables setup by 9:00, only a

very light rain then. Slept in the jeep, woke up about 7am and probably 12 pickups

with big trailers arrived during the night, silently . . . must have been 60 sellers all

set up by 9am. Seemed like everyone was busy all morning, and it rained and

kept raining, sometimes very light, sometimes so-so, I measured about 1/2". Many

sellers started leaving about 1pm and the crowds slowed way down.

Nice bonfire Friday evening. Excellent large site, very easy to find, well marked,

lots of directional signs.

Gene & Ken even had rolls and coffee ready very early in the morning, and then a

nice lunch (hot dogs, hamburgs, drinks, etc.) in late morning.

A very nice get together, lots of tractors and parts, lots of 'regulars' and it seemed

to me that there were a lot of new, never-been-to-a-Wheel Horse-show people.

Great Job Gene & Ken:

Edited by whfan74
  • Like 9

stevasaurus

TerryM and I got there about 15 minutes after Illinilefttackle left...9:00AM.  Sorry I missed you Al.  :(   Let's try for Scott's M&G in October. 

Sorry guys...it was too nasty for the camera and everyone was so bundled up, you could not tell one of us from the other.  I got confused by Brrly1 and Jake...if that is possible.  There was a good group of guys there though...got to talk with everyone.  I was able to pick up all the stuff for everyone...so that was good.  My wife made Beef Stew for Terry and me when we got home...great comfort food and warmed us up.  Sorry about no pictures guys.  :)

• Like 6

squonk

TerryM and I got there about 15 minutes after Illinilefttackle left...9:00AM.  Sorry I missed you Al.  :(   Let's try for Scott's M&G in October. 

I got confused by Brrly1 and Jake...if that is possible. 

WOW!!!! :)  that's like confusing Bela Lugosi and Jerry Mathers!!!  :)  :ychain:  :bow-blue:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

illinilefttackle

Sorry guys...it was too nasty for the camera and everyone was so bundled up, you could not tell one of us from the other.  I got confused by Brrly1 and Jake...if that is possible.  There was a good group of guys there though...got to talk with everyone.  I was able to pick up all the stuff for everyone...so that was good.  My wife made Beef Stew for Terry and me when we got home...great comfort food and warmed us up.  Sorry about no pictures guys.  :)

Sorry I missed tou guys too- I got there at 730am , found what I wanted, except a couple things no one had-talked to Burly a Bit and left in the middle of a rain shower. Getting too old and busted up to stand much cold, wet anymore- we'll try again!- Thanks- Al

• Like 3

Terry M

As cold as it was(BRRRRR), I found a few items that I wanted and was glad I came.  Also , It was nice to meet a few new people and connect the names with the faces.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 6

Jake Kuhn

Had a very good time at the swap too, was very nice to meet you terry. Sadly, it looks like I'm going to miss in the fall as that is the same weekend as the local show for me. Look forward to the next one in the spring!

• Like 2