bds1984

C-165 refresh

Stingingbee

I am new to wheelhorse. I do have a C-165, and it needs the engine rebuilt if broken ring didn't total it. I only hope mine will run as good as yours looks. You have a great looking tractor...

• Like 1

bds1984

Thank you.  You are in the right spot for all the help you'll need.  I've seen some K321s come to life after more than a broken ring so don't sweat it too much.  How does the cylinder look?

• Like 1

c-series don

@bds1984 What made you ditch the front ags? 

bds1984
1 hour ago, c-series don said:

@bds1984 What made you ditch the front ags? 

I wasn't a fan of how the 16x6.50-8 ags looks on the rims.  The original tire size was 16x7.50-8 for the rims and the smaller width of the ags I had (which ran small to begin with) just didn't seem to match the rest of the tractor.  Having the 18x8.50-8 tires makes the tractor look more stout.  

• Like 1

Stingingbee

Thanks for the encouragement. I counted 18 scratches on cylinder wall. Can't hang finger nail on them so i'm hoping it can be cleaned up. I have discussed with richmondred01 on ( redsquare ) about shipping it to him and let him check it out. And let him rebuild it for me. Can't find a good machine shop locally that even wants to do the old 16. I know someone probabley will but haven't found them yet. So i may just ship it. He is more experienced and has more knowledge than i do on those engines.

kpinnc
17 hours ago, bds1984 said:

Having the 18x8.50-8 tires makes the tractor look more stout. 

Yeah it does! On a black hood, it looks like it belongs with that tire size.

• Like 1