Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

418-A

CHARGER9AUTO

I looked over my new 418-A the PTO Clutch break bracket was not on the tractor . so I found off another Kohler 8 HP upstairs in my Garage from a C-81 or C-85 motor . I have other foot rests to use because the one's on the 418-A is rusted under the rubber foot rest pad . It needs a speed nut because it is held by a screw only L.H. belt guard this is bent and twisted I have other parts to replace them taken off C-Series tractors Once I'm done to make it look Good I will take pictures . Ben :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :banghead: Tony , Mike . Ben.............

Sparky

Sounds like you have a plan Ben :banghead: .

Mike......

CHARGER9AUTO

Mike, Yeah It's a Fun tractor . :horseplay: Ben....... I will post some pictures to show you what I've did to make it look better :banghead:

CHARGER9AUTO

I replaced the lift bar with bushing it was loose held by a Cotter Pin . I see the parking break lever is disconnected The instruction plate is cracked near the motion lever I have another one my '79 C-121 AUTOMATIC parts tractor to replace it . Ben.............. :horseplay: Wheel Horse made in the Great American :banghead: :USA:

CHARGER9AUTO

Sounds like you have a plan Ben :banghead: .

Mike......

Mike, I replaced the front instruction plate because it was Cracked near the motion lever and the parking brake was disconnected .I've found the wire tucked away you'll , Tony will be upset at me I took out the motion lever to put another Cotter Pin in I had a time to put it in the small hole in the brake rod . Ben....

Docwheelhorse

:thumbs: Poor 418 has been getting a serious teardown... didn't seem to be that much wrong with it when rideaway senior had it or sparkiees66 or myself :banghead: and the parking brake worked when I dropped it off

been working on the 416 too...... gotta order a fresh choke cabel, headlight eyebrows, find a hood thats a bit straighter with decals.... fix the oil leak, rebuild the carb and maybe 1/2 a dozen other things..... :omg:

Ben.... both tractors where good solid running units that needed abit of TLC, thats why a straight bare tractor for tractor swap worked for me. Neither tractor is even close to junk.... I'm starting to get a bit annoyed that every single thing thats "wrong" with the tractor is being posted here with my name attached. :USA:

Tony

CHARGER9AUTO

Mike or Tony , I did an oil job on my 418-A it needs some new SAE 30 so I've drain the old stuff and put in 1 1/2 quarts then started the tractor ran it around then checked the dipstick . I put 23x8.50-12's GREEN - SAVER turf tires on from my Commando 8 I trade to Wild Bill for ( 2 ) C-121 AUTOMATICS one restored by the previous owner before he pass away and the unrestored now a parts tractor . Ben.....

Sparky

I think the oil in it only had a couple hours on it Ben. I know the tranny fliud and tranny filter is new.

Mike........

T-Mo

Ben,

I merged the two threads with the same title. It's not necessary to start multiple threads on the same subject.

CHARGER9AUTO

:thumbs: Poor 418 has been getting a serious teardown... didn't seem to be that much wrong with it when rideaway senior had it or sparkiees66 or myself :banghead: and the parking brake worked when I dropped it off

been working on the 416 too...... gotta order a fresh choke cabel, headlight eyebrows, find a hood thats a bit straighter with decals.... fix the oil leak, rebuild the carb and maybe 1/2 a dozen other things..... :omg:

Ben.... both tractors where good solid running units that needed abit of TLC, thats why a straight bare tractor for tractor swap worked for me. Neither tractor is even close to junk.... I'm starting to get a bit annoyed that every single thing thats "wrong" with the tractor is being posted here with my name attached. :USA:

Tony

Guy's , I meant no harm to make everyone feel better I will swaped back the 418-A parts back foot rests - belt guard off my C-121 AUTOMATIC with no motor . I'm really sorry to make them upset me I feel :lol: because someone is annoyed at this person myself then to post his name all over the place on here I've should not deserve the tractor . Ben : :lol:

CHARGER9AUTO

I think the oil in it only had a couple hours on it Ben. I know the tranny fliud and tranny filter is new.

Mike........

Mike, I started the 418-A up then the ENGINE OIL LIGHT flashed on - off . I

plan to use this tractor not tear it down if your :banghead: at me I will understand I'm so very sorry . Ben..........

CHARGER9AUTO

Ben,

I merged the two threads with the same title. It's not necessary to start multiple threads on the same subject.

Terry, It's no problem next time I post one thread . Ben... :banghead:

CHARGER9AUTO

:lol: Poor 418 has been getting a serious teardown... didn't seem to be that much wrong with it when rideaway senior had it or sparkiees66 or myself :banghead: and the parking brake worked when I dropped it off

Tony

Tony, The 418 parking brake still works I put the correct round phillips head screws in then someone put a hose clamp with two washers on the brake rod I'd took that off it works fine now . :lol: Ben :thumbs:

CHARGER9AUTO

Mike........

Mike, Yeah I know you told at my house and over the phone . Ben.......... :banghead:

CHARGER9AUTO

Ben,

I'm sorry Treed . Ben

CHARGER9AUTO

:

CHARGER9AUTO

I found some wires on the 418-A held together with electrical tape I put wire Connectors for every one then Crimped them . did someone disconnect the brake pedal and seat switches It's wired up directed to start the tractor . Ben :horseplay:

CHARGER9AUTO

I think the older style slot hitch would look Good on my 418-A . I have several C-Series parts tractors with Tube - Rear Lift Cable and Clamp Tube brackets . Ben..... 418 :horseplay: :banghead:

CHARGER9AUTO

I oredred a Kohler Twin Cylinder Service Manual MAGNUM MODELS M18 & M20 for my '87 418-A tractor from Service Pro Parts . Com I to need order the Grass Screen it's not on the flywheel to keep out debri from enterin the motor . Ben.... :horseplay:

Rideawaysenior

Ben,

The 418-A didn't come with a grass screen. The metal mesh that is over the front of the engine is how it came from the factory. You can also download the manual from Kohler directly for free on their web site.

Jack

CHARGER9AUTO

Ben,

The 418-A didn't come with a grass screen. The metal mesh that is over the front of the engine is how it came from the factory. You can also download the manual from Kohler directly for free on their web site.

Jack

Jack, I see the MAGNUM 18 HP picture on my service maunal with out the metal black mesh it shows the Grass Screen . I will buy one anyway to cover the empty space . Ben