Theroundhousernr

Wheel Horse Cab Glass Windshield

Theroundhousernr

I have been looking for a glass windshield for my cab for sometime now. I have posted a wanted add on here with no luck. I am sure these are hard to come by but does anyone have any idea or avenue I have not tried? I tried original cab company and they only make one for the newer cab for the top with ridges. I have an older cab with the smooth white top.

Heck, maybe someone on here has one for sale and did not see my wanted add.

Thanks Kyle

RMCIII

Kyle:

If the responses are bleek, then maybe reach out to a local mom and pop glass company. They will come out and measure what you need. Ask them if they have the rubber seals for the glass. I am sure they will have it, or know, where to get it. Nothing is impossible, if you know where to look!

Rob

Lane Ranger

Like Rob says a glass shop should be able to cut safety glass ( thin sheets with plastic in between) for your cab. 

Theroundhousernr

Guess I wasn't as clear as I should have been. I need the windshield kit. Mine is the vinyl with clear plastic window. I don't have a broken window to replace. I wish I did lol. In fact I would buy a broken one to fix. I need the whole thing, frame and all. Thanks though

shallowwatersailor

Could you make a frame out of plywood and attach a piece of clear acrylic?This is from Popular Mechanics in 1980.

post-3066-0-99618900-1418996778_thumb.jp

• Like 1

MalMac

Have you ever seen one? If not I have one that when time permits I can take some pic's of. Your best bet in order to get it to fit tight is to have one formed out of sheet metal. Then have a glass company cut you a piece of safety glass and put in the proper rubber seal to fit it. I would think that this would be expensive but if Original Cab Co. still sold them they would not be cheap ether. You might be able to do the plywood or similar thing and fab a way to attach it. Then ask a glass company for their impute on it.

Theroundhousernr

No I have never seen one up close and personal. I found a post from 2010 where a forum member said , A guy named Chris I believe, from the cab company scraped together a few kits for the older cabs but they are now sold. Bummer!

Yes I would love to see some good pictures of an original one. Particularly , where the frame meets the cab top and how the vinyl doors and bottom skirt attach to the frame work. Also wondering what is so different that I could not modify to fit the new cab window to the older cab.

My problem is , not only do I use these tractor but I collect them and I would like to keep it as original as possible. When I make something I get carried away with trying to make a carbon copy. Have you seen my thread on making a new cab door? lol

Thought it would be easier to find one. Open to all ideas though. Been watching auction sites like a hawk lol

MalMac

PM sent