clip

Blade lift link 7706 dimensions

clip

Hello all,

After mounting the snow/dozer blade on my 84 GT16, I've been thinking about swapping to a solid lift link, PN 7706. I have the stock needed to make it, but saw two conflicting sets of dimensions on here. The one I have now was posted by gwest here:

Lift link 7706 1/4"x1-1/4" flat stock 12-1/2" OL 3/8" pins 11-1/2" c/c, Pins stick out 5/8"

I did run across another set of dimensions that said something like the OAL was 10" with 1/4" pins or something similar, but can't find it now. Can anyone verify the dimensions of 7706?

Thanks!

Tankman

I made both a short link and the long link from flatbar. Using clevis pins and hair pin cotter pins. Easy enough. Your posted dim's are on the money; 12-1/2" long, pins are 11-1/2" c to c.

Today, I stopped along a country road that had lots of "stuff" on a picnic table labelled, "FREE - FREE".

There were several printers, a paper shredder, more.

One box contained three 6" WH mower deck wheels, a dozer short lift link, and a dozer long lift link. All were like new, the two links were used maybe a couple of times, the paint was excellent.  The wheels I can use. 

I'm goin' back with a question for the homeowner, "Where's the Horse? Did Geno pick the Stallion up?"  :laughing-rofl: 

Edited by Tankman

Geno

If I did I would have got the link.   :teasing-neener:     :laughing-rolling:

cheesegrader

I had no idea there was a short link.

I tie up my lift bar, and run chain to the rockshaft when I am not using the long link for downpressure.

I have the dimensions for the long link, but cant find the short link length and c/c length.

Does anybody know what they should be?

clip

I can measure my short link in the morning, not sure if it was standard but it came with the plow. It's silver, roughly 4-5" long.

Tankman

Short link is 1/4" x 1-1/4" x 5-3/8" long.

Two holes are 3/8" dia,  4-1/8" center to center. I use two 3/8" clevis pins and hair pin cotter pins.

I've made a few of these, easy enough. When the plow is put up for summer or when I'm not using it, lift link is secured to the frame.

By the way, Geno forgot the links. I'm goin' to the homeowner today, "Did Geno pickup the Horse?"   :laughing-rofl:

• Like 1