Cable

Search for the Oldest Wheel Horse Tractor

Cable

Search results are revealed in a 1996 “Horse Power†article and some letters Wheel Horse received are shared with the reader.

This piece is a follow up to “Excerpt Fall Winter 1995 "Horse Power" under Misc Items in Manuals which you may want to read if you haven’t already. The main article is “The Wheel Horse Legend - 50 Years in the Makingâ€, but the contest for the oldest Wheel Horse tractor is introduced.

Mr. Thanks to Ed Cole for sharing this with me.

• Like 4

rmaynard

Interesting bit of history. Thanks Bruce.

Geno

Good reading, thanks Cable.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

JC 1965

Wow !!  Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

KC9KAS

Cable, thanks for the information!

I hope I am in as good of shap at 60 as the old Ponds.....(I'm 59 now!) Ha Ha!

WheelHorse79

Does anyone know who won that "oldest Wheel Horse" contest back then?  It would be great if we could see and read about the tractor that won.

Cable

Does anyone know who won that "oldest Wheel Horse" contest back then?  It would be great if we could see and read about the tractor that won.

Walt Snyder won.

You can get to the publication in either of two ways; 1.) click on the link in my post that started this thread, or 2.) go to "Manuals" and you will see on the left side of your screen "Top Downloads - Past Month".  The second item there is "Search for the Oldest Wheel Horse tractor."  It is a short download.

You may also find the item above it interesting, "Excerpt Fall Winter 1995 "Horse Power" Wheel Horse History" which includes a piece that introduces the contest.  The second link in the post that started this thread is a link to that article.

I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did.

Bruce

Edited by Cable

WheelHorse79

Sorry, I asked a dumb question.  When I first clicked on each link, the same PDF came up each time.  Now, I see the second magazine.  Thanks for being so nice an patient with me.  :)

Cable

Sorry, I asked a dumb question.  When I first clicked on each link, the same PDF came up each time.  Now, I see the second magazine.  Thanks for being so nice an patient with me.  :)

No problem at all.  Just hope you enjoy the reading about the oldest tractor.

WheelHorse79

I think it would be a good idea to have this "contest" again with members on this forum.  I believe that some members have older Ponds than the one listed in the magazine article.

• Like 1