motor12

moving out of garage

motor12

My new shed hit a bump in the road. The city informed me I can only have one free standing building per building lot. I already have one 8x12 on my lot so I told my neighbor he could have the shed but he has to move it. The move is only 100 ft. or so to where he wants it but we have to remove part of a fence and destroy part of my wife's garden. I forgot the shed is full of her garden tools and supply's. How many guys have a wife that will give up garden stuff for your Wheel Horse hobby.

woodchuckfarmer

Good luck with that....Wayne

• Like 1

Geno

The moral of the story, the more room you have the more STUFF you will cram in there putting yourself right back in the same situation.

That's a fact.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

ericj

I don't disagree with having a small shop is a big PITA. I don't want anybody to get mislead that having a bigger shop is best. I have a two car garage and a 10x16 shed full. Now the kicker is 5 years ago I built a 30x60 barn with two lofts in it and preceded to fill that up. The moral of the story, the more room you have the more STUFF you will cram in there putting yourself right back in the same situation. Out of room and trying to explain to the wife why. Those wives have built in radar when it comes to this, so don't even try to ask for more room for more Red stuff.

The moral of the story, the more room you have the more STUFF you will cram in there putting yourself right back in the same situation

i would like to have this problem for a little while

eric j

• Like 1

oliver2-44

I have a 17x26 shop with a 9x26 covered porch work area (26x26 slab) My restriction don't allow "barn style" roofs, but do allow 12 ft walls. So my shop has a 8-6 ceiling and the walls extend up12 ft to add height to the storage loft. it was a great idea, except about the time i finished it my middle son became the drummer in a band. So the loft became a band practice area. My son is now off to college, so I'm hopping to reclaim the loft soon! The ceiling joist of the outside porch are  braces with steel plate so one day I can install a monorail hoist using some "heavy barn door track and make a multi wheel trolley to hang a 1000 lb electric hoist.

• Like 2

Catmanii

I built a 28 by 16 shop about five yers ago. Simply put, it is just too small for my needs. I have been toying with the idea of making it larger and that is probably what I will do. If I add another 8 ft to it I am sure it will still be too small.

Or 16,same thing.  :)  I have three sheds now and all are stuffed. Last one with a gambrel roof (Barn roof) and attic stairs and it's full too. I give up.  :)

C-101plowerpower

Same here. One small garage..  :banghead:

attachicon.gifIMG_20141026_185835.jpg

You call that small AJ? that's bloody huge in comparison to my space

Koen :flags-netherlands:

• Like 1

Geno

Space is relative, and a lot more has been added since that pic including 48' of pallet racks.     :laughing-rolling:

post-13404-0-08206300-1418823113_thumb.j

• Like 1

motor12

Geno, my wife saw the photo of your shop, all she said was, "Don't even think about it".......

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

I try to take a picture once a year of the garage with almost everything out of it (Wheel Horse and other items of great importance! 

That way when I am  steeping over, squeezing through or stumbling and hitting my shins I can recall how much room I have in a two car garage with six tractors, three dump carts,  six mower decks, two snowplows, etc  

It is amazing how many ways we can learn to repack and restore items in our space!   Reminds me of dad's pf yore packing the trunk of a car for a summer vacation trip!  

***  Plus a basement room full of packables and liftables!

*** The big takeaway as others have mentioned is keep the wife's parking spot free and clear!

• Like 1

motor12

Good news today, I was able to get my current shed moved to my neighbors yard. Now I am able to have my new shed built without the city getting bent out of shape. It took seven men, three hours, six pizzas and two cases of Bud lite. No humans were injured or killed during the move.

• Like 3

GT14

Never enough room it seems. Started with a 10x16 moved that to the back of the lot and replaced with 12x24 then when that was full got a 12x32 this year. Still moving things around but finally have some work space.