nylyon

Pull along spreader

nylyon

Found this at the TSC, looks like it is nice.TSC Spreader Has a metal gear box that would be nice to have.

Sparky

I went to Tractor supply during lunch( a real long lunch I might add) and they were sold out of all their pull type spreaders except the "cost effective" unit. It was only $59.99 so I bought it since I have a pile of stuff to spread and one bag of lime still sittin in the deceased spreader. Mine has the deluxe plastic gearbox with probably no user serviceable parts :P . It does have pnumatic tires and rolls along nicely. I used it tonight and got everything done without a breakdown and it seems to work fine. I dont think its a spreader that I'll be leavin for my kids to use after I'm dead and gone but it got me thru this year and hopefully will serve me for a couple of more years. The walk behind(no tractor time with this one) was only $20 less.

I also went on this same lunch break to a Toro/Wheel Horse dealer to get a couple of belts and some shifter boots and he had a brand spankin new 315-8 on the floor. Veeery niiiice!! I asked for the price and its a hefty $5300 with a 42" deck. He had some used tractors out back but I'm currently not able to accept anymore tractors :D . He did ask me if I had any snow-plows for sale and for a moment I thought about trading in one of my 3 snow-plows for a 1975 B-80 8 speed with a 36" side discharge deck that he has just sitting out back gittin rusty. But I did the right thing and said....nope...I aint got any extra plows :( .

Mike...tryin to do the right thing...but its killin me

nylyon

$5300 isn't all that bad actually. In 1994 I paid $5100 for the 416-H with 42" recycler, accounting for inflation and the fact that this is the last horse made :D I think that it is reasonable. Of course, I don't have that $$ to spend on a tractor at this point but...... I suppose that's part of the reason they are stopping, the folks who have horses don't need new ones and the ones who don't have em, don't want to spend that kind of bucks on a tractor. Although I have to admit if'n I didn't have a tractor, I'd take out financing to get a Wheel Horse if I had to.

I've got a neighbor who has gone through 3 tractors since I've known them. Each one of their tractors (one was box store green, one box store yellow and white, and the other was silver) must have cost close to $2000. That coupled with the hassle of having to shop for and buy a new one the $$ for the Wheel Horse isn't that bad at all. ANd their current one is starting to fall apart, so I suspect that I'll see them get something new soon.

Since buying my 416, I have only needed to replace the battery a couple of times, spark plugs, oil, filters, the throttle cable, front tires and the mower blades, and the tires were my fault for using that stinking fix-a-flat in them.

Sparky

How does fix-a-flat wreck tires? It doesnt say that on the can :D .

But seriously, whys fix-a-flat no good?

Mike.....with fix-a-flat in hand and tires only flat on the bottom...

nylyon

The Fix-a-Flat literally ate the inside of the tire away, it took a couple of years. My right front tire, the one with fix-a-flat in it was bubbling pretty badly which is why I decided to replace it. When I took it off the rim the inside looked like what I would describe as spaghetti squash. There were strings of rubber, all over the place and rubber stuck on the rim, the entire tire was so soft you could almost put your finger through it. It was a shame too, the tread was still good without dry rot.

I'll never again use that stuff, if my tires get a slow leak I will put a tube in them before using the fix-a-flat.

whamm511

I’m a newbie to WH and need to get something for snow removal.  Do all WH snow plows work on any models or are they model specific?

953 nut

:WRS:

13 minutes ago, whamm511 said:

I’m a newbie to WH and need to get something for snow removal.  Do all WH snow plows work on any models or are they model specific?

Yes and no on the snow plows. There are a few different types and sizes of snow plows and most will fit most tractors.

Let us know what tractor you are considering putting it on and give us a model number or a couple good photos of the snow plow.

Being a new member you should also do an introduction here. Just click on this link and it will get you started.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/47-introductions/?do=add

• Like 1