Sign in to follow this  
bdanie7

I'm getting confused

bdanie7

I thought I knew the difference between a slot hitch and a clevis hitch. I see implements listed for sale or auction,with pictures, as slot hitch,that I thought were clevis hitch and vice versa. Is the slot hitch not the one that is just a flat bar that slides into the tractors receiver and the clevis has a c-channel that a pin would drop through. :USA: I hope you guys can clear this up for me. I appreciate the advise I've gotten here. Thanks, Brian :banghead:

kj4kicks

Hi Brian, You got it right. The semi-confusing part is that some attachments are designed to be used with either style hitch.

mcwh1950

I thought I knew the difference between a slot hitch and a clevis hitch. I see implements listed for sale or auction,with pictures, as slot hitch,that I thought were clevis hitch and vice versa. Is the slot hitch not the one that is just a flat bar that slides into the tractors receiver and the clevis has a c-channel that a pin would drop through. :USA: I hope you guys can clear this up for me. I appreciate the advise I've gotten here. Thanks, Brian :banghead:

brian hope this help.diff hitch

Picture023-1.jpg

owe by pond 195520032003

this is a clevis hitch for the vertical shaft tractor

ClevisHitch.jpg

owe by combatmp29r

slot hitch plow

Picture020-1.jpg

owe by pond 195520032003

slot hitch disc

beforedisc.jpg

owe by greg parnell

clevis hitch plow

8inplow-1.jpg

owe by combatmp 29r

clevis hitch cultivator

IMG_1918.jpg

owe by sorekiwi

slot hitch adapter

100_8645.jpg

owe by kpinnc

bdanie7

That is the way I understood the slots and clevis to be. I have seen more and more clevis hitches listed as slots and was beggining to think Ihad it wrong. Thanks for all the help. Now I know I'm not tottaly ignorant. :banghead: My spelling needs some help, but thats another issue.

bmuone

bdanie7 that was a good question to ask. Been having the same doubts. And thanks smitty those pictures cleared up a lot of the questions. I was wondering how tall is the piece(vertical piece) that is hooked to the cable going to the tractor lift? It's hard to tell in the pictures. DT

CasualObserver

Smitty, I changed your post so the pictures showed without having to click anything.

CasualObserver

I was wondering how tall is the piece(vertical piece) that is hooked to the cable going to the tractor lift? It's hard to tell in the pictures. DT

Please refer to this post in the FAQ section, it will help you out. The complete dimensions are about halfway down with excellent pictures.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2008

rondo

First time I've seen the pics for clevis hitch attachments. They (and the hitch) look like what some folks call a sleeve hitch. I've never been clear as to what is what.

This tractor stuff has me so confused. :banghead:

But I love it, I do. :USA:

mcwh1950

First time I've seen the pics for clevis hitch attachments. They (and the hitch) look like what some folks call a sleeve hitch. I've never been clear as to what is what.

This tractor stuff has me so confused. :banghead:

But I love it, I do. :USA:

they are the same.