Ed Kennell

Two Brothers Lose Their Lives in York Co. Pa.

Ed Kennell

After my Son had a very close call, I can not imagine the level of grief these parents are suffering after losing two Sons in the same accident.   Both were crushed under a truck they were working under on Sunday.   At 20 and 22 years of age, they were just beginning their lives as young men.

Please be careful out there.

rexman72

very sad

KC9KAS

It only takes a nano-second. Everyone please be careful.

We made a 1st responder run several years ago to a fellow changing oil in his car in the driveway. The car was on ramps and it was a straight shift....It was in neutral and the E-brake WAS NOT SET. The car rolled onto him and he was pinned and died. Very sad, and being a small community everyone on the VFD knew the fellow.

Digger 66

One of my customers was killed this way .

A driver ( from a rival LTL company to mine ) was ringing the receiving bell for like 20 minutes & no one answered . So , knowing the guy was in there , he called police .

When the cops opened the door it nearly made them sick , He was crushed under a hi-lift he was working on when it fell & rolled all they saw was his feet & a pool .

neil

It could have been a totally different outcome for our Redsquare boss Karl , hopefully by reading this thread it could actually save your own life

We are continuously told to carry out Risk Assessments in our place of work so we should adopt this method in what we do at home.

Most accidents that happen are caused in the home.

JoeM

I lost a friend of mine when he went under the rear engine area of his motor home seeking a anti-freeze leak. The machine tires were on the ground and the air suspension extended. A air line near the front leaked and allowed the machine to settle ever so slowly. Before he realized it, it trapped him beneath and settled on his chest. One jack stand could have changed this whole story.

Ed Kennell

Sorry for your loss Oiluj.     Another preventable under the vehicle accident.