JIMSP

Snow Plow

JIMSP

Does anyone have a picture of a snow plow for a B-81 1978

and one for a commando 7 1970

TT

Oops... I was thinking C-81 :D

Joel..... help this guy out. :P

We need this moved to the attachments area, please.

combatmp29r

I'm sure Karl will get us moved over.

Terry thats a plow for a B-80. The B-81 is a vertical shaft and mounts like the 69-72 lawn rangers. Yes I have a pic of a commando 7 plow, but its on the tractor. wait I have the manual, it should work. I have a pic of a B-81 plow some where too. Bear with me pics coming :D

combatmp29r

Hmmm I guess its pretty bad when you forget that you have pictures of things huh? :D

Here are 2 pics of a V7/V8 plow. They are from when i brought mine home.

plow6-7121rightside.jpg

Plow6-7121leftside.jpg

I'm still hunting the B81 pics I know I have some. I have a plow.

perry

are these the same plows that would fit on a 1968 lawn ranger?.

combatmp29r

Perry no the lawn ranger plow attaches closer to the front. I'm pretty sure Terry has a pic of one of them, or can take a pic :D

The V7s and V8s mount just to the rear of the front axle. Its like a mid mount attach-a-matic, but its built into the frame and you slip a 1/2" rod all the way through from one side to the other with R clips.

Jim_M

I'm glad I looked at this thread. I have one of these plows for V7/V8, in beautiful condition, but never knew what it was from. I learn something new every day!

combatmp29r

Jim thats how I came across mine. i went to pick up a C series from a guy. While we wer walking around his yard looking at all the red (50+) I saw the blade. I asked what he wanted. He told he didn't even know what it fit, but if I could use it for $20 it could go in the truck. I explained to him what it was for and gladly forked over the $20. I've only personally seen 1 other and its in a package deal with a tractor, tiller, mower, and clevis hitch. Well worth the $500 the guy wants, but out of my range for now.

Here is a pic of a A-100 plow. They only changed how the plow attaches. These slide over the pin and have special washers that lock them in place.

A100plow.jpg

Jim_M

Joel,

Mine is actually mounted to a GT-14 right now. Works great, but it's too narrow for the tractor. It was on the tractor when I got it and I just left it on, but it will be coming off this spring, I have a 4 foot sickle bar mower that's going on the GT-14 just for the heck of it.

Jim

combatmp29r

Jim,

I'd love to put a sickle on the commando , but they never made one for a vertical and I'm not rich enough to cut up one to modify yet. I do have plans for a set of 2 piece cultivators drawn up though. I'm building a grader blade currently and stripping and painting the V18 as the weather permits.

Jim_M

Joel,

Are you the guy that builds the mid mount grader blades?

Jim

combatmp29r

Nope, I would be willing to build some once i get this one done and know how much time and material it takes, but this will be my 1st.

Jim_M

I've seen some on eBay and I thought the guy was in Ohio. I thought it might be you. One of these days I'm going to buy one for a C series. I had one for a D series, but sold it a while back.

Rollerman

Jim you may be thinking of Nick on here...or a guy by the name of Ken Stephens in Mendon IN.

He does a close reproduction of both types of the Wheel Horse grader blades.

I've seen him list on ebay & seen him at the shows....builds nice stuff for the money.

combatmp29r

Yeah nick does do nice work. I like the 50" grader he built, but its too wide for my verticals. Ken's name sounds familiar. Maybe I met him when we lived in IN. Or I'm just loosing it and everyone sounds familiar :D

combatmp29r

Perry here is what the plow fora 68 ranger would look like Stephen posted these over in the snow plow info thread

Lawnrangerblade.jpg

lawnrangerblade2.jpg

Stigian

Wow, what a handy thread :D

Im just starting to build a snowplow/blade for my Raider 10. Anyone got any pics of the correct blade (i didnt know there were so many different types) for it? Its a 74 model.

Im not sure we will ever get the snow to use it as a plow, but i can always push some dirt around :P

Rollerman

Ian head over to this thread....

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=541

That will let you see some of the differant snow plow styles Wheel Horse made.

Your Raider is a "Long Frame" tractor & will need that type of frame.

edit nylyon: original link pointed to this thread, I think you meant the other plow thread

WheelHorse_of_course

So........ would a mid mount grader for a V shaft work on the H shaft horses?

combatmp29r

Yes, any that works on a V work on a H, but not the other way around. I know sounds dumb, but the later 40" grader blades had a solis rod where they go in the mid mount attach-a matic. The earlier ones had a hollow tube there, and that is what the attachment pin on the verticals slides through. I'll try to find my pics of the 2 to show everyone. I know where the one for the right one is, just not the later solid rod one. I know for sure model 7-1112 fits both. The manual even lists how to attach it to both types of tractors. Oh they used different lift links also. The V was straight, and the H was bent kind like a boomerang (not quite that extreme though).

combatmp29r

OK here are the pics.

This one has the later solid rod and it has the Horizontal lift link on it. Sorry not the clearest picture.

graderbladeframe.jpg

This is the parts break down for model 7-1112 part #12 is the vertical lift link

Graderblade7-1112.gif

combatmp29r

Ok I'm failing badly at my wifes photo organizing system :D

Here is the parts diagram for the B-81 plow

B-81snowblade.gif

There is a lift handle kit that the tractor needs also, but of course can't find that pic either. Gues I'm gonna have to pull the B-81 out when this snow melts and take some picks of it :P

combatmp29r

Ureka I found one Jim!!!! This is on ebay right now, but it is the right plow for a B-81

B81plow.jpg

B81plow2.jpg