Lagersolut

Got the Horses out

Lagersolut

Off work for a sprained ankle, figured  I'd give the triplets some air/picture  time . 

310-8 on the right I just finished going over with motor rebuild, tightened up steering with new shims , added Diodes to get the 16 volt charge under control ( thanks Save old Iron ) belts, new clutch tension pulley - grease fittings on the pedals waiting for my LED's to mount on the back so I'm not in the dark on the road pushing snow.

2cxj289.jpg

Bought these LED's off the bay to light up the restored C-101 ( liked them enough to order another set for the 310. )

20fulfo.jpg

NOS light kit I scored in the classified section here for the C -101

Brightened up these front lights by using some foil tape that was left over from remodeling my down stairs years ago

22ep9v.jpg

2rmm7vk.jpg

• Like 7

Pollack Pete

VERY nice herd.The 310 should last another 20 -30 yrs.Nice LED's.Do you remember where on E-bay you bought them.I've been looking and can't seem to find them.Have fun with your toys. 

AMC RULES

:text-+1:   Great looking  :wh: herd there.    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Thanks for sharing, I could go for a set of those leds myself. How bout a night pic? I bet they are bright. Ty

Glenn

Lagersolut

VERY nice herd.The 310 should last another 20 -30 yrs.Nice LED's.Do you remember where on E-bay you bought them.I've been looking and can't seem to find them.Have fun with your toys. 

Thanks for sharing, I could go for a set of those leds myself. How bout a night pic? I bet they are bright. Ty

Glenn

Thanks , the LED'S  I got off a seller ( OEMPARTS ) on E-bay,  I just did a search (  LED marker lights ) it's on page 2,  he sells them s around 9 bucks each or 2  16.99 free shipping , shipping is a little slow but I really like the lights.

Edited by Lagersolut
  • Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Thank you sir......much appreciated.

Glenn

Lagersolut

Thank you sir......much appreciated.

Glenn

You guys are gonna have to cut me some slack here , my camera isn't set up for night pics , had to put a piece of electric tape over the flash .....

They're not the best ( pics ) but these LED's really light things up,  actually got these just to dress up the restore on the C 101 earlier this year  and realized what and asset they are if I'm down on the road pushing snow at night ( which I do often ) 

2uzqo03.jpg

nv1fzt.jpg

10fygie.jpg

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:scared-eek:  Look super bright.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Looks nice! Gotta check it out also.

• Like 1

GT14

Bright idea!!  :scared-eek: 

• Like 1

KC9KAS

I put flashing LED's on the back of my GT-14 and they do draw attention!!

• Like 2

Geno

Very nice tractors you got there.  I especially like those lights!  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Lagersolut,,,,,,those lights look like flamethrowers. I am getting me a pair.

Side question for anyone "eletrical" that knows. Can our tractors handle the electric for these lights without problems?

Just want to be sure,,,,,,,,thanks.

thanks again lagersolut,,,,,great pictures.

Glenn

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

Side question for anyone "eletrical" that knows. Can our tractors handle the electric for these lights without problems?

Glenn

LED's use considerably less electricity than incandescent bulbs.That's why when installed on a truck or trailer as tail light/turn signals,a mechanical flasher has to be used.Incondescent bulbs used in those applications rely on high resistance and heat to make an electronic flasher work.

• Like 1

Lagersolut

Glenn

Glen I can't give you a technical answer,  but what I can tell you the nice thing about LED technology  compared to the old incandescent lights the electrical draw is fractional , I don't have an exact number but they draw very little juice .

• Like 1

Lagersolut

Please note : if you're thinking of installing these LED's , when installing unlike incandescent, they have a positive/ground orientation meaning they only light if you have the hot going in the right wire - learned after mine came in the mail .

Lights I ordered

White = Ground

Black= hot

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Pete & Lager,,,ok,,got that part and thank you fellas,,,,,,,,BUT,,,,,,,just thought of this.

Remember,,,,,every year we talk about FLASHERS. We have had many a talk on this.I allways wanted to do flashers to. The road I live on is high traveled going to the GS parkway. Thought flashers would give me a extra edge,,,,,so,,,,would we be able to hook up a flasher to these to?

something like front and rear flash together,,,left side flash,,then,,right side flash,,left side flash,,right side flash. Front and rear at the same time. What kind of flasher to do this job? And would it work with the led lights.

Judging by the amohnt of beer cans I pick up along the street on the front of my property,,,,everyone likes to finish thier brews before getting on the parkway and the state police gets them. Flashers might help the drunkies avoid me,,,,lol

would love to put these on the 520 with the flasher set up. By the way,,,I found the ebay seller,,,got him on hold before I order.

thanks guys,,,super good light / thread.

Glenn

KyBlue

Don't know why you couldn't do that Glenn... Though it'll take a flasher control box to get the different patterns... I'll do a bit of looking and let ya know what I dig up (I'm bored) :)

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Kyblue,,thanks. I wouldnt know what to look for. I would have a fried wire harness. Electric isnt my strong point.

Glenn

Lagersolut

KC9KAS had a thread awhile back about installing flashing LED'S, if I remember right the lights were flashing side to side - he had a video posted ...again if I remember right it was for the same reason you're thinking about it .

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

Do a Google search for electro-mechanical flasher.Then look for alternating flasher.I think you'd need a 3 terminal flasher.One terminal is power in.The other two are one for each light.The lights will alternately flash back and forth.

Pollack Pete

Terminal Supply Company      Part # 537A

KC9KAS

LED's use considerably less electricity than incandescent bulbs.That's why when installed on a truck or trailer as tail light/turn signals,a mechanical flasher has to be used.Incondescent bulbs used in those applications rely on high resistance and heat to make an electronic flasher work.

You have that backwards...LED's need an electronic flasher....Incandescent bulbs use the mechanical flasher. The higher resistance makes the mechanical flasher work.

KC9KAS

See this link