Sign in to follow this  
vegaome

14 Auto Mower Deck

vegaome

Hello Folks,

Great site! Lots of info.

I recntly bought a 14 Auto with mower deck. I was mowing down by the barn and knocked the deck partially off. I was stuck between a tree and a pole. I had to take the deck off to get out. I was wedged in pretty good.

Anyway I put the deck back on and it does not work right. I can no longer make full turns because the front wheels hit the front of the deck. Also the deck does not sit level, the right side (as viewed from the aft) sits up higher. I though I got it back on right but I must be missing something.

Its a good ole work tractor but I don't have manuals. I was trying to find a picture of how the deck should be attached but have not found any yet. I'm on dial up and it takes a while for pictures to load. Does anyone have a link or a picture of how the deck should be attached?

Thanks

v/r

Mike

C-Series14

There is a how to in the Technical FAQ section on removing but the install is just the opposite. You might not have the "V" on the crossbar in properly on the mid tach-a-matic. It should go in and straddle the cross pin that goes from one side to the other. You can see the end of the pin sticking thru on the tach-a-matic side plates just above and forward of the slot that the decks cross bar fits in. Check that first and let us know. Not to brag but these are the easiest decks to remove and install on any tractor. :USA: I have been timed at under a minute for removal and reinstallation! :banghead: Of course, I have been doing it for a looooong time!!!

vegaome

Thanks for responding,

I'm not familiar with the lingo but I'm going out to see if I can figure out what your saying. I will let you how it goes.

v/r

Mike

C-Series14

The deck crossbar is the round bar goes into the tractors mid tach-a-matic and secures the deck. It has 2 flat ears that attach to the deck. It also has a flat piece of stock with the "V" in it. This points up and straddles the small round bar of the tach-a-matic. This system holds the decks crossbar in one place. If need be, I can take pics of mine. I bet you will figure it out....

vegaome

Thanks Mike,

That seemed to be the problem. I was cutting grass and blowing leaves till I could no longer see. Its a heck of a little tractor. I really like it. Thank you once again.

v/r

Mike

C-Series14

Glad you got it. Think about it, you are mowing with a 35 year old machine! People are in shock when they ask me how old mine are. They say they wish their stuff would last 5 years! :banghead:

Check this whole site out, there is alot of info on finding manuals, decals, how to's, etc...If in doubt, just ask.