Hodge71

An Algebra Problem... (chainsaw)+ 10' ladder+[tree branch14' in the air]/gravity= pain

Forest Road

Glad you're ok. At 40 i don't heal as fast as i did in my 20s.

I'm posting this in hopes that somebody learns from it. I hope it doesn't come across in any negative way. Trees are no joke!

We had a hard working 55ish y/o immigrant who use to come by for odd jobs. Guy worked his ass off daily. I was saddened to see his name in the paper years ago. He was trimming a tree in his daughters yard. Climbed a ladder with an electric, corded, chainsaw. Somehow he fell and cut his throat with the electric saw. Poor guy bled out.

A friend of mine 25+ year power lineman was trimming a tree. Didn't have any climbing gear at home. Figured its only 15'. Ladder kicked out when the limb broke and he went for a ride. Broken arm and otherwise fine. He later admitted " I knew I should've climbed and been belted in"

2 rules to live by - if you're at all unfamiliar with a chainsaw, any power tool for that matter, don't use it.

Tree trimming is no joke. It should never be taken lightly. Never underestimate any job.

About that Red Hard hat. I've earned it a time or two. Hopefully I've learned from my mistakes. Fingers crossed!!!

Hodge71

Trust me Jeff, you won't have to...  :)

it's an honor that is bestowed upon you by your fellow :wh: brethren.

Well then I would accept the honor bestowed upon me as 1 of the lucky few who had something bad happen and pulled through

• Like 1

Nathanielperz

Good thing you were ok!!!

What you need is a 12 gauge and just shoot it down :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl:  like this...  

http://youtu.be/4rkGDzMeKvY?t=2m18s

Edited by Nathanielperz