Lane Ranger

American Pickers This Week- New Episode "Grudge Match"

Coadster32

That is awesome Lane!!! :bow-blue:

• Like 1

neil

Not available in UK yet ,

Can I have your autograph now Lane, now that you are famous throughout USA.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

So Lane...based on the picts they sent you...

it's kinda looking like the "film crew" must have cleaned it up before the airing of this episode...

then, reapplied a new, old layer of barn dust for effect.     

Or...maybe it was just the lighting... :confusion-shrug:

:eusa-doh: Ol' Doug was a hoot though, definitely needs his own show.   :eusa-clap:  

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

wheelhorsekid

It gives me chills seeing a wheel horse on the screen. Wish we saw it more often.

• Like 2

Michael D Conley

Made me feel like a child on on an Easter Egg Hunt! So much fun last night! Thank You for all the information leading up to the big event Lane. Much appreciated!

Edited by Michael D Conley
  • Like 1

Racinbob

After airing that I wonder how many people are looking behind their barns to see what that 'red thing' is. The collector base may increase a bit now so maybe Geno might have to step it up a notch now. :)

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Thank you Lane. I'm be glued to the TV tonight !

LOL, I was glued to the TV alright. Unfortunatly my eyelids were slammed shut ! I fell asleep before the show started ! :sleeping-blue: 

I thought I'd let you guys have a laugh on me today :laughing-rollingyellow: 

• Like 8

Geno

Don't you hate it when that happens.  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

JC 1965

WOW  !!    That old man Doug, can you guys imagine trying to strike a deal with him ?     :banghead:   I bet he doesn't sell very much stuff.   

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Imagine Doug when he was 58 years old...

I couldn't imagine keeping up with him now at 88.

• Like 3

squonk

I almost did the same thing Van! I fought it hard

And won out in the end. It's hell to get old !

• Like 2

buckrancher

sold for $200 dollars too much and is valued at $200. dollars to high

brian

• Like 3

SousaKerry

Very nice to get some national recognition for our little hobby and tractor shows.  Now I wonder if someone on this board will wind up being the new owner of that nice little tractor.  Anybody know where they resell their items at?

And I agree they paid too much for a non running tractor with a missing belt guard.  Hope they know someone who is good with Tejunksehs to get it going.

Edited by SousaKerry

mid60's

They have a 7 HP Kohler on them. Maybe it should be a 733.  :)

Congratulations Lane. I thought I had seen those pictures before.

Larry

AMC RULES

:scratchead:   Model 633's have 7hp Kohlers?

AJ_Thanatos

I thought for sure Doug said it was a 733? And why would a 633 have a 7hp Kohler.  I'm so confused now....   :confusion-scratchheadblue:  :eusa-think:

However there is no such thing as a 733, but if one wanted to stay true to the typical logic (except for the 633 and maybe others i don't know of) he changed it to a 733 because of the 7 HP Kohler. makes sense to me. 

Anyone know why Wheel Horse strayed from the basic model numbering logic on this one? 

Edited by AJ_Thanatos

Racinbob

I thought they had 6hp Teckys :confusion-shrug:

• Like 2

GlenPettit

This thread is interesting, from the "Garden Tractor Talk" site, where they also saw the Pickers show, talking about it being 'scripted', and the referenced web site is an interesting read too:

toomanytoys84

You guys know this show is all rigged and fake right?

The "negotiating" is scripted.  People go there, pick out the items they are going to "buy" and then tell the owner the "script" and if they want to sell it or not.

#9 icon_share.pngTalntedmrgreen 

Posted Today, 12:50 PM

toomanytoys84, on 04 Dec 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:snapback.png

I dont know that it is or not, or to what degree it may be. Sounds like you do...can you share your definitive source? 

#12 icon_share.png#11 icon_share.pngtoomanytoys84 

Posted Today, 01:07 PM

Talntedmrgreen, on 04 Dec 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:snapback.png

Two friends of mine from the minibike world have been approached by "auction hunters" and "American pickers"

I dont know that it is or not, or to what degree it may be. Sounds like you do...can you share your definitive source?

If you go back and find the show of storage wars where Ton and the other guy buy a bonanza mini bike.  Ton tells the other guy we need to go see my friend evil ed, he knows all about these bikes!  It was all staged.  They were told what to be doing when the guys "showed up".  Ed was not interested in the bike, but they talked his buddy into "buying the bike"  and they staged the negations.  He said everything from beginning to end was basically scripted.  There was no truth to show at all.  I know Ed personally.  Not just a guy behind a computer screen.  He makes the journey from SoCal to Winber PA just about every year for the mini bike reunion.

Another guy from the minibike world is a large collector or many things.  He had ads on the internet advertising all kinds of stuff for sale.  They(History channel, American Pickers) contacted him and asked if he would be interested in being featured on the show.  The explained the process and what was involved.  He turned it down. 

http://www.westcoast...rs-is-fake.html

A quick google search produced that webpage.  But like anything else, if it's on the internet, it doesn't make it true.  I however believe it.

Sorry to spoil anyones fun, but I loved this show and the others like it until I seen it.

I've also been to the Pawnstars shop in Vegas.  The pawn shop is there, but its the same deal as the others.

Gtractor

Posted Today, 01:13 PM

There is a thread over on Smokstak about how the Pickers operate.  Mike and Frank don't drive all over the country in the white van looking for stuff. 

There are people who go ahead of them to find, and purchase items.  Then Mike and Frank are flown in along with camera crew. "Negotations" are done in front of the camera on items already purchased before their arrival. 

C'mon folks, this is TV.

I occasionally watch and enjoy the show but every TV show has a script.

I haven't been to their shop in Iowa but a local that has told me first hand that very few of the items from the show in their store are for sale.  Mostly what was for sale was trinket style stuff.  T-shirts, mugs, etc.  Again,  I haven't been there myself.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"And now you know "The Rest of the Story" . . . .   Glen  (but I still enjoy watching that show, and all the junk I see, makes me feel a little better about my much smaller 'treasure trove').

Edited by GlenPettit
  • Like 4

squonk

All those shows are rigged. Down East Dickering is one. While I enjoy watching it, it is as fake as a 3 dollar bill. :)  We watched an episode the other night. 2 guys are going to build a pontoon boat out of 4 plastic barrels and some wood. They don't want to buy the barrels so they wallow in pig pee and poop for a few hours fixing a fence to get them for free. I don't know of too many RS members who would want to do that. :)  Then they fix some stairs in exchange for the " $400 worth of lumber"  they say they need. That $400 dollar pile looked like 10 2 x 4's that would be less then $100.

They build a picnic table and attach the barrels to it and an umbrella and sell it for $800. Yeah right!

Then there's Yummy who thinks a bushel of pears is worth $75.00!  As for Tony and Codfish, You see them leaving in a mid 90's P/U truck and arriving in a 2000 and up truck. And Tony's accent changes. My wife caught that :)  . We make a game of it when we watch it now.  :thumbs:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

OK...now I suppose there is no Santa Clause... :ychain:   :)   So much for "reality TV".  :bow-blue:

• Like 5

AJ_Thanatos

OK...now I suppose there is no Santa Clause... :ychain:   :)   So much for "reality TV".  :bow-blue:

You guys are killing it for the rest of us! Thanks alot....  :ROTF:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:eusa-doh:  :computer:       :disgust:

• Like 5

rmaynard

I have known people like that 85 year old seller. Won't make a reasonable deal, and will end up dying and leaving everything to be auctioned by his estate.

• Like 7

Lane Ranger

A  LIFE LESSON,  In the Wizard of Oz the Professor instructs you not to look behind the curtain!

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 5

squonk

There is too a Santa Claus. They were at my house a few weeks ago. Remember? Speaking of which, I finally had my follow up with my Cardio doc today and got all the grisly details of what happened. Wasn't pretty. Last years show may have been my last! 

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2