Brrly1

C195 Snowblower Flag

Brrly1

I've tried to place a tall chute snowblower on the front of my C195. I tried two different flags to No avail. I am wondering if someone might happen to have a flag to a C195 thay is Not hook up yet? This is so maybe I can get a picture of what one would look like and if I could possibly get dimensions that would be terriffic. Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks    

gwest_ca

The flag and tube sure look different in the ipl

Garry

Brrly1

Garry, thats the problem that I'm having, it's different. Hoping somone might actually have one that's in the picture to the top side of the picture(right hand side) I'm curious if it's all one solid piece and possibly the dimensions. Of course anything else they might be able to tell me. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who wants to run a snowblower on a C195.

Tim Bergfeld

There is a guy on you tube that shows how to hook one up on a c195 forgot where I saw it

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

John, you tube search C195 with snow blower. This fella shows with his camera underneath his super c and talks about the lift rod. His local dealer was actually able to find him a NOS one. He also talks about the differance in length, to my recollection all else about it was the same, just longer.

Glenn

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Removing the 79360 Wheel Horse snow thrower from …:

here is the you tube,,it readily comes up with C195 snow blower,,,,its not old either, hope it helps.

Glenn

Brrly1

Yes sir, already been there already done that! It went thru the whole video without ever showing the flag. It was even a piece that he had made for him but with the correct dimensions provided by Toro of all people. So back to square one looking for the flag for a C195 pictures and dimensions would be a Great help.   HELP!!!!

baerpath

John just checked I can order a new one from our local dealer for   you ready       $235  WOW    Their book doesn't give specs.

And yes I've thought of either putting the two stage or a tall shoot on one of mine

Edited by baerpath

ol550

John the video shows the lift flag mounted at 5:18 and on the floor at 8:00.  How close are the poles you

have tried to use?  Seems like some trial and error would get you a dimension you could work with.  Or

you could just drop by and we could get one made.

• Like 1

bobert94

The belt is 5/8x77  WH #116666 hope that helps when u get lift rod made!

Tim Bergfeld

Wow 235 I would think you could get the dim and have one fabricated cheaper if memory serves me correctly it is solid and not a two piece lift rod and it is a little longer and a different bend in it to clear the front

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

John just checked I can order a new one from our local dealer for   you ready       $235  WOW    Their book doesn't give specs.

And yes I've thought of either putting the two stage or a tall shoot on one of mine

just thinking how funny, get a 200 buck snowblower and the lift rod is more. There must be a better idea. Right?

Glenn

Tim Bergfeld

Then need to check the paint on that lift rod for 235 I bet it comes in john deere green

Brrly1

Okay it looks like the flag and the arm must be welded or at least thats what this guy said. I looked at the manual and it shows the piece as being one piece, I am guessing but probably for strength purposes. So it looks like I'll be going from my drawings to fabricate. This thing should move some snow

• Like 1

Tim Bergfeld

I could be wrong but it might need a special bend in it I can't believe the price they wanted for that I would be a welding fool for that price

MalMac

Just curious here the 520 with the swept axel has to use the tube with the bend in it. Is that tube long enough for the 195, because isn't the 520 with the swept axel a longer wheel base. Back when the 195 was produce all they had was the straight shorter tube. They had to make the special tube for the 195. Maybe I am out in left field here and don't know what in heck I am talking about. I thought that tube with the bend in it was longer than the straight. Just thinking is all.

bmsgaffer

Just curious here the 520 with the swept axel has to use the tube with the bend in it. Is that tube long enough for the 195, because isn't the 520 with the swept axel a longer wheel base. Back when the 195 was produce all they had was the straight shorter tube. They had to make the special tube for the 195. Maybe I am out in left field here and don't know what in heck I am talking about. I thought that tube with the bend in it was longer than the straight. Just thinking is all.

That tube is not any longer than the other tube, It has the bend in it so it missed a steering component when in the raised position.

Since the snow blower doesnt angle, it didnt need any sort of extension. The wheel base is only increased by ~4" on the 520, which was apparently not enough to interfere with the snow blower, but WAS enough to interfere with the snow blade when angled.

Tim Bergfeld

I am not sure but I thought the 195 tube had a bend and was solid again not 100 % sure so feel free to chime in and fill me in if wrong I am wanting to do this mod to a c195 down the road when I put a diesel on one

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I am not sure but I thought the 195 tube had a bend and was solid again not 100 % sure so feel free to chime in and fill me in if wrong I am wanting to do this mod to a c195 down the road when I put a diesel on one

In the video, you can see the lift rod is straight, the only bend is the flat part at the end of the lift rod where it attatches to the snow blower. The fella also comments that the flag part is welded to the rod, so it does not slide in and out like the way it does on other snow blowers. I still think that 235 dollar price tag is way over the top. Cheeeeeesh. Lol

Glenn

• Like 1

Brrly1

Here's a quick shot of what she looks like now, gonna add a set of 2 link chains and hopfully some rear weight. I might just hang the back blade on the three point. I'll get a better look in the morning

post-45-0-08106000-1417656979_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-75375500-1417656990_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brrly1
  • Like 2

gwest_ca

Suspect you are going to make a lift tube for this. Noticed the pin in the flag is on the opposite side in the parts illustrations and they call for a 1/2" SAE flat washer there so must be a 1/2" diameter pin.

Also the side extensions/wings on the blower housing are upside down.

Garry

• Like 1

baerpath

John any progress ??

Brrly1

Funny that you ask Duane, friend painted the flag for me also gave me a hand welding it up but it has been fabricated and is in place as we speak. Pretty sure I am going to replace the chain give it a blast of grease maybe a little bit of snojet. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. Found a set of belts so I bought them up.

Edited by Brrly1
  • Like 1

Brrly1

Well, it's been cold so I didn't wander to the garage very fast but I finally got some pictures. Snapped a couple of pictures of the snow removal team for this year. The C195 and the 520xi will take care of that this year. I'm waiting for some more snow to fall as what we got the other day was heavy and wet, it doesn't throw very well. I am definitely going to need chains and weights which I Now have taken care off. Thanks to baerpath who picked a couple sets of case weights for me. While I am here, thinking about repopping the C195 rear weiights?? They seem to be a valuable commodity and very hard to locate.

post-45-0-08594800-1421334733_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-83534500-1421334745_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-17806900-1421334800_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

ronwh

Burly,

Could we get the dimensions of the flag you had made for your C-195,I would like to make one.

Thanks Ron Whanger