Ken B

The 420 LSE

Geno

Please tell me you're gonna keep it!   :text-woo:

• Like 1

Ken B

Please tell me you're gonna keep it!   :text-woo:

I don't sell or trade everything that comes my way. There are some things that are near and dear...

• Like 6

3Six

20hp....Nice!

• Like 1

dclarke

Definitely a keeper, Ken and I'm sure this horse is just gonna keep lookin better and better. Glad you got it!

• Like 1

Ken B

I think I'm going to put off painting this one for as long as I can. I have been touching up some of the chips in the paint because we all know what happens with these 3,4, and 5 series tractors if you don't.... Rust bubbles and peeling paint! My son stayed home sick yesterday but when he heard me fire up the 420 when I got home from work he ran outside and asked if he could take it for a ride. When he got off of it he told me it is his most favorite tractor that we have ever owned. (and there have been plenty!) He also laid down the law and told me " Dad this one ain't going anywhere!" Like me my son Cole is all about the story.. He loves the fact that their were only a max of 226 of these made. The story we got when we picked this up was the guy who got it did odd jobs and scrappin. He was at some RICH guys house doing some cleaning of the barns ETC. and when he asked about the tractor the owner said "get that piece of crap out of here!" It didn't cost the scrapper a penny. Cole loved that story. Cole own's an 854 that we bought from Buckrancher at the BIG show a few years ago.. When he read on Redsquare about that tractor being under water for some time during the great flood and its story of being completely rebuilt by Brian he HAD to have it. Bought that one a few years ago. Still got it, ain't goin anywhere! So, if we worked on a tractor together or if the tractor has a cool story, those are the one's that stick around. :handgestures-thumbupright: DSCN2409_zps0b8e9c53.jpg

• Like 1

stevebo

Cole is taking right after his old man. He really does "get it". That is a bit frustrating to a guy who wants to "aquire" a minty and very special Evinrude 15 hp..... lol 

Zeek

Nice tractor!  I would love to have one of them!  The blending of tractor & chrome  :music-deathmetal:

608KEB

Wow is that looking good!!

KyBlue

Holy Crap ... I need sunglasses when viewing those pictures!!!

bmsgaffer

:jaw:  There are no words.

slammer302

Doesn't even look like the same horse that you brought home you sure you don't have two 420's

dclarke

Nice job, Ken!  Those wheels look really good from here!

Geno

Looks like you brought it back to new Ken, very nice.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

jackhammer

Congratulations on your buy and good story about you and your son

fireman

That's smokin' Ken! As usual nice job. I'm sure that 420 will look like brand new in no time!

312Hydro

That sure does look good! Congrats on the 420LSE. :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

bo dawg

That is just SICK! :bow-blue:  :scared-eek:   Thats a pretty cool son :thumbs:

AMC RULES

Hard to imagine someone would let it get as bad as it was. 

That's one deserving :wh: lucky to have found you Ken.   :thumbs:

buckrancher

I just want to take a lap on her around the infield at the big show :auto-dirtbike:

brian

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

That "bling" is growing on me. Hey Ken the #7 chrome polish??? I remember,,,,dupont or something,,,,,,havent seen it in years.

Is that right? Anyway,,,,super scrub on that baby. Nice comeback on it.

Glenn

squonk

Don't get it too shiny! Then you won't want to get it dirty!  :)  :)

AMC RULES

It's already...  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

well past that stage. 

Ken B

I just want to take a lap on her around the infield at the big show :auto-dirtbike:

brian

You got it Brian...

Ken B

Hard to imagine someone would let it get as bad as it was. 

That's one deserving :wh: lucky to have found you Ken.   :thumbs:

Rumor on this tractor was the guy that bought it was pretty well off and didn't buy it for possible future collectible reason's so he used it..I think I read that these were 8 grand new in 86 so you did have to have a few bucks to buy one.. Sooner or later it will need a repaint...

That "bling" is growing on me. Hey Ken the #7 chrome polish??? I remember,,,,dupont or something,,,,,,havent seen it in years.

Is that right? Anyway,,,,super scrub on that baby. Nice comeback on it.

Glenn

Right you are Glenn. I haven't seen it in quite some time either. This is my last bottle and it's more than half gone!