stephan07

k241 questions

stephan07

so i have been round and round with this engine lately. when i was mowing it died no spark. so i got a new coil on it. now it starts but only will idle try to throttle up and it dies. carb was rebuilt with in the last year did points at that time. i have tweeked the points and treied nearly every setting along with adjusting on the carb like crazy. there is differences when adjusting but still will not run when opened up. also i noticed i am getting smoke out of the valve cover.

any ideas or help?

tractor is a 86 310-8 with kohler k241 10 hp

Edited by stephan07

joel_400

Maybe a condenser issue? Or the carb got some funk in it? Those are the first things I would start with by the syptoms. Hope this helps.

Joel

WH nut

Don't forget to check the fuel supply from tank to carb.

Geno

Does it do any better at 1/2 choke?

C-101plowerpower

Try switching the wires on the coil, i have had this problem two times, both times i took the coil off and forgot.how the wires went

stephan07

so i think i got the problem solved. some fuel line went bad had a chunk of rubber blocking the inlet on the carb. still curious why i am getting smoke out the valve cover (lifter access plate or whatever its called under the carb) the engine smokes i know it probably needs rebuilt, but i am unsure why i am getting smake out of there.

Edited by stephan07

WH nut

The smoke is coming from blow by. Nothing to worry about on a worn motor