stoneman

Snow Cab

stoneman

I was hoping maybe one of you guys would recognize this cab and help me find the appropriate manual for it. I had it on last year, but I'm sure it wasn't properly mounted. I had a couple brackets left over, which may have been for adapting to a different tractor. I'm not sure. I couldn't find a place for them. I want to put it on again but not if it's the pain it was last year. The main problem was keeping the doors shut. Those brackets probably DO need to be on there . . . so . . . I guess it's time to admit I need the instructions for this one. Thanks.

post-2767-0-83221400-1417350637.jpg

gwest_ca

Go into the Manuals section and do a search for

Cab snow

and you will get 13 results.

In the red bar at the top click on Submission date and change it to Title

Then change the Descending order to Ascending so they make more sense.

Garry

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I don't have a manual, but if you post a pic of the left over brackets in question, maybe I can post pics of how they are installed on my cab.

ericj

not trying to hi-jack this thread but ed have you run your 520 with your heater cab on yet since it got cold and if so how did it do ? inquiring minds want to know lol

eric j

MalMac

What tractor are you putting it on? I would like to see the parts you are talking about.

Ed Kennell

not trying to hi-jack this thread but ed have you run your 520 with your heater cab on yet since it got cold and if so how did it do ? inquiring minds want to know lol

eric j

The heated cab was a real pleasure for the short time I got to use it  Eric.   I'm sure you are aware the snow we got on Tue was not very good for blowing.  The 520 w/ SS tall chute did fine on the paved driveways, but when I tried to raise it slightly while blowing the stone road, there wasn't enough snow to push it thru the chute and it tended to clog up, so I went to the plow as I don't like to throw stones around.

I did have a few bugs that I have fixed.  The PTO clutch tended to slip too quick allowing the blower to clog, so I increased the tension on the clutch.

I noticed there was some snow coming out the front of the chute rather than going up to the top of the chute. So I have added the cylinder to the bottom section of the chute like the later tall chutes have. 

Finally I had an issue with the brake pedal not returning the drive lever to the neutral position when it was depressed.  I found the pin missing that holds the operating rod in the hole of the neutral cam.    So all three of these bugs have been addressed, and I am  waiting for the next blizzard to do a proper test.   I do need to add some rear view mirrors though, as my arthritic neck only has about 15 degrees of movement.

The heated cab though gets 5 stars.   No window fogging and the snow that hit the window from the blower melted immediately.    I didn't measure the temp inside, but it was toasty warm.

I'll never be without a cab again.

Edited by ekennell

stoneman

I use it on my C 160. It may not even be a C Series cab but it does seem to fit right. I'll get pics of the leftover brackets and post them. Thanks. With regard to the manuals, I feel certain the right one is in there. We'll see what we can find out with the pics of the leftover brackets. If that doesn't get me there . . . I'll start downloading manuals til I find the right one.Thanks.

Edited by stoneman

stoneman

Here are the brackets I didn't use. I thought maybe the large one might be for a different tractor because I am using a similar one, and just couldn't figure out anywhere to put it. Not having the smaller ones wherever they go may be causing the flexing . . . but I couldn't find a place for them. I've looked at all the manuals in the files, but they all seem to be hard top cabs. Thanks!

post-2767-0-40164000-1418330306_thumb.jp

post-2767-0-40729900-1418330346_thumb.jp

Edited by stoneman

Ed Kennell

Those parts do not resemble any of the parts on my cab frame, but if I had to guess, the large piece  looks like it would go over the steering tower and support the windshield.  The two smaller pieces may have been used to attach the rear of the cab to the fender pan.

post-7208-0-77597500-1418340760_thumb.jppost-7208-0-61237800-1418340785_thumb.jp

Geno

Those are brackets for a GT-14.  They are in this manual, page 9.  I just looked through the manuals as Garry suggested.     :)    

Ed Kennell

There ya go...when all else fails,  Read the Manual.

stoneman

I did look at every manual in the files, but I was looking for a complete soft cab like mine. Would've never guessed it was that old or made for the GT 14. I'm going to put it back on the C 160 and do whatever it takes to firm up the frame so the doors work right. No need for it on the GT 14's since one's a gardener/mower, and the other one's got the big plow on it. No kids that'd enjoy using the snow thrower without a cab . . . and I don't have enough kid in me to use a snow thrower without a cab . . . unless the wind is 0 mph. Thanks for the help.

• Like 2

MalMac

Once you use your snowblower with the cab on, you will never blow snow again without it. As said above.

Edited by MalMac