JoeM

I have never been to the show, what is the dates for 2015?

JoeM

Worked a little more on the C85 Diesel today. Mounted the seat pan, seat and hitch. We put on a single bottom plow and could not resist trying her out! The ground we were in was pretty soft, not much of a challenge. We do need to make a few plow adjustments. Hope to have a vid later.

post-6026-0-01220400-1418431478_thumb.jp

post-6026-0-49966000-1418431517_thumb.jp

post-6026-0-68682800-1418431551_thumb.jp

post-6026-0-75663200-1418431580_thumb.jp

• Like 1

jusgettingbuy

Wow, that thing looks great!  What a nice transformation. 

Geno

Man that thing looks sweet, I would be afraid to get it dirty.   :text-+1:

Sparky

Great video. I bet you could have easily turned the non-garden part of the yard as well!

Mike..........

JoeM

Thanks for all the compliments! Maybe we can work it busting up some tough dirt in the spring! I will try to post more vids as we try it out.

Joe

fabricator2009

Love it.

Nathanielperz

Thinking of doing the same thing to my 1276! Great Job!! :bow-blue:  :handgestures-thumbsup:  :grin:  :dance:

Nathanielperz

I know that the upside of diesels is that there is no carb, no spark plugs and, most importantly, MORE TORQUE. But if you run a belt driven tractor off a diesel are you still getting that increased torque?

JoeM

I would think as long as the belt doesn't slip, the applied power would used???

I know when we first test run, we ran the machine uphill. in high gear, at about 2500 rpm, as the grade got to the steepest part, I cranked the throttle to full. It was pretty impressive. The governor kicked in, belched black smoke, and the front wheels wanted to come off the ground! The torque was apparent. No hesitation. 

Nathanielperz

Oh well you have a geared transmission then... I have a hydro... do you think that it would still apply?

Thanks, Nate

JoeM

I like hydro's because of control, but they are pretty parasitic. I hear up to 3 or 4 horse power is used up. I know back in my early wheel horse days, I had a B100 auto. The original 10 horse power lost compression and I replaced it with a new crate motor 12 hp. There was a lot of difference when mowing up hill. That tight motor and 2 extra hp made a world of difference. Even when the 10HP was in good shape, when I mowed in heavy grass up hill, I had to keep reducing the hydro speed to keep the deck cutting speed up. I think this why the 10hp hydro machines went to the way side.

I am this sure the 10Hp diesel would work pretty good in a hydro. It seems to have the same power of my C145.

Just some fuel for thought.

Nathanielperz

ok sounds good... I most likely wont be mowing with my horse... its gonna be the Work Horse so we will pull logs and trailers and rocks and stuff with it... I would like to bring it to a garden tractor pull though.

-Nate

Geno

Awesome video, seems like it doesn't even know the plow is behind it.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Olratlr

You did a wonderful job looks really good and thanks for sharing.

GT14

Very nice  :handgestures-thumbupright: 

smoreau

very nice! dosn't look like it even strugled to pull the plow! I bet you could have dropped the plow down another 4" without a problem.

Ken B

Awesome video and very nice restoration. It looks like a factory Wheel Horse diesel.

JoeM

I have added a custom engine flywheel cover. I do need some stainless bolts, they are ordered. I have 1/2" spacers behind the cover to allow more air flow.

post-6026-0-85061900-1422891268.jpg

• Like 1

jusgettingbuy

That cover looks great!  Did you do it or have it done at a shop?  I have one or two things that could use a custom touch like that.  So much cleaner look than the pull start.

SALTYWRIGHT

ON MY FIRST DIESEL ON MY 417-8 I PUT A 10 H/P DIESEL. THE NEXT ONE ON A 1054 I PUT A 6 H/P DIESEL. I HAVE NEVER NEEDED MORE POWER. MY 6 H/P WILL OUT PULL A 12 H/P GAS ENGINE.      RUSS

JoeM

I had the cover done at a local shop that has a computer controlled plasma cutter. I drew up a drawing, they tweaked it up and cut the first one out of steel. I was just going to paint it, but another buddy suggested having one done in stainless. They cut one out of stainless and we polished it out. They did it for me as a favor. I guess I could ask if they are interested in making things like this and how much it would cost??

As far as power in the diesel, I agree, this one seems very strong.