shallowwatersailor

Steering Reduction Setup on 520-H

shallowwatersailor

Does anyone  know if you can install the Gear Reduction Steering setup on a 520-H without a swept axle? From appearances, it looks like it should.

Edited by shallowwatersailor

bmsgaffer

I think you'll have to make your own shorter tie rods but I think it should work.

There may be a little funky geometry with the triangle piece that the tie rods connect to since it is bent and drilled for the swept axle, but not sure till ya try.

Wishin4a416

I don't see why it wouldn't work with some mods. I used the lower steering arm and the tie rods from a 520 on my 160 with little trouble. I just shortened the rods.

And taper drilled the front spindle to accept the tapered tie rod.

post-8484-0-82510100-1417044998.jpg

shallowwatersailor

I have the components, less the front axle assembly, and was thinking about putting it on my 1989 520-H. That way I can use my 42" plow without the tires hanging out, and needing the plow frame extension to fit it.

MalMac

You will probably have to grind some off of your rocker shaft lift. It will interfere with the bevel gear. On the 91's and newer 520's they were shorten a tad bit to accommodate the steering reduction. I put steering reduction on a 90 520 and a 89 414 and had to grind both of them.