tviggiano

520h snow/dozer blade attachment

tviggiano

Hi. I just bought a 1989 520h (my first tractor) and am attaching the snow blade for the first time. My tractor has the rear axle attachment brackets. That seemed straight forward. My question may be a silly one but the only other attachment point is to the Tbar/lift bar that the hydro operates...right? I attached mine to a little hole just next to where the lift chain attaches to the Tbar/lift bar. Also, can the force of pushing the snow around damage/bend the Tbar and hamper operation of the mower deck when reattached? Lastly, as I have it attached now, when in the lifted position the bottom edge of my blade is only a few inches off the ground....is that correct, or should it lift higher? Thanks in advance for the help. Like I said first tractor, and new user of this site. Tom

KC9KAS

Welcome to Red Square.

The bar you are talking about is the correct lift point but different attachments use a different hole in the bar for different height and leverage. Anyway that is how mine are!

Geno

Hello and :WRS:

gwest_ca

Here is a manual for the 1989 blade even though you may have a different one. They did not change much over the years.

parts list

Garry

Adding - the tractor parts list shows what the different holes in the lift rock shaft are used for in Section 7

tviggiano

The manual is perfect Garry.  I looked for it before posting, but clearly not well enough (I only found the parts list).  Anyway, thanks to each of you for the replies and help.  I have a feeling I'll be leveraging this site many times to come.

stuppy62

I know this is an old post, but could someone tell me the length of PN 7706, the long lift link.thanks

clip

12 1/2 inches. Just got done making one for myself, the dimensions I used were in a thread I posted a few weeks ago.

gwest_ca

Garry

• Like 1

stuppy62

Thanks, that's what I needed, it came with a homemade short one that connected at the lift point for deck.(no down pressure)

stuppy62

I made up long lift bracket to spec's, but then had to modify because it hit on the steering gear. My blade was extended by previous owner by welding 6" to length, I think this is why it hit gear.

Also, I can lift the front wheels off the floor now!

post-13728-0-78459300-1420378658_thumb.j

post-13728-0-75777900-1420378691_thumb.j

post-13728-0-01951500-1420378737_thumb.j

Edited by stuppy62

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• rustyedge1
      By rustyedge1
      Used solid dozer blade 6-3111 for Lawn Ranger
      Pick up only, CASH only
      Message me for more details.
      Dan
    • Duramax7man7
      By Duramax7man7
      Very Solid tractor! Starts right up and Runs and Cuts like a Champ! 

ONLY 419hrs

FEATURES:
      Newer Agro Tires on Rear & Solid Front Turf Tires.
      Wheel Weights on rear.
      Fully Swapped Forward Swept axle and Steering off of 520h.
      New Tractor Supply Adjustable Seat.
      Exhaust Fully Restored. (Sandblasted, Outgassed and 2000deg High Temp Satin Exhaust Paint Coated.)

I ran my 60" Deck on this tractor for over a year with no issues. 
      Deck it solid top to bottom with no rot and newer blades. Belt and Pulley are good to go! 
      She's just a little dusty and needs a cleaning. Can get a nice Seat a Tractor Supply. 

Asking >>>>> $1,099 OBO <<<<<<< 

(248) 943-8634 Text or Call.  God Bless. 

• Duramax7man7
      By Duramax7man7
      Very Solid tractor!

Newer Agro Tires on Rear and Solid Front Turf Tires. Wheel Weights on rear. Fully Swapped Forward Swept axle off of 520h. I ran my 60" Deck on this tractor for over a year with no issues. 
      Deck it solid top to bottom with no rot and newer blades. Belt and Pulley are good to go! 
      She's just a little dusty and needs a cleaning. Can get a nice Seat a Tractor Supply. 

$1175 OBO   -POOS

(248) 9for3-8six3four Text or Call. I do not visit this site enough. God Bless. 

NEW SEAT INSTALLED ON THIS TRACTOR! Started it up and ran it for a while yesterday... Forgot how nice this thing is. Tempting to keep it but it's time to send her one her way. GREAT TRACTOR! 

• rustyedge1
      By rustyedge1
      39" Dozer Blade for early Lawn Ranger. All welds look good and the nuts on cutting edge are free and turn. Grease zerk is also free and working. 
      PM for details. Cash only. No shipping. Pick up only at my location.
      Solid blade. PM for details. 200.00 OBO cash only.

• Joe Warren
      By Joe Warren
      Wheel Horse 42” Snow Blade

Wheel Horse part # 06-42BB02   1979-86

Used On:            
      B-81 (6 speed), B-82, B-85, B-111 (6 speed), B-112, B-115, B-165 (5 speed),
      LT-832, LT-1100, LT-1136, LT-1137, LT-1600, LT-1637. LT-1642,
      SB-371, YT-12-A,
      208-3, 211-3, 211-5, 211-A, 216-5,  

One  New Old Stock still in the original shipping carton, and one assembled used blade in very good  condition (shown in photos)
      $199 for NOS unit and $149 for used unit shown.

Local pick up in Easton MA. I occasionally drive to Bridgewater NJ and may be able to deliver to MA, RI, CT, Eastern NY, or northern NJ.

Please private message me if you are interested in purchasing.

Thank you,
      Joe