cstempert

Updating 416-8 to hydro

cstempert

Has anyone tried?

I found a 418A with complete hydro to update my 416-8 I checked parts a while ago and there were many to change so getting a complete parts tractor is a much better option

I use my 416 for grass and leaf collection on my extremely hilly 2 acres and a hydro would be a welcome addition just don't have room for both and the 416 is in very good shape

The other option is to buy it fix it for my son who's coming of "grass cutting" age but not qualified enough to operate the gear tractor on our terrain and make room for it

Edited by cstempert

stevebo

Any pics of that 416?

whtractors24

:wwp:  :wwp:  :wwp:  :wwp: :wwp:  

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Just a question. Does your 416 have the pressure lubricated engine? For those hills?

Asking cause my 416 doesnt,, I never liked to use it on my very hilly 2 acres. Thats why I bought the 5xi. Sorry to be off topic.

Glenn

cstempert

Steve.

Here's the 416

Jersey. It's an '89 with the Onan performer so it's pressure lube. It runs great, cuts well and more importantly stays together I spent almost as much time repairing a 96 Husq prior although the Husq was hydro and easier to drive hence the desire for a hydro WH

I've done no research on the 418a yet but it's a complete and not bad shape possibly easy fix to get going again. Its near you Steve. I broke the ice by buying a couple wheel weights for the 416 but I have no idea what the guy wanted for it

post-13583-141709583357_thumb.jpg

stevebo

Well.... Is it in New Milford?

cstempert

No Bethel Don't even know exactly how much he wants for it

stevebo

I think I have seen that tractor in that HOARD... am I right?

cstempert

Yup...Mista Rón He's got a bunch of stuff there. No rhyme or reason to it but there's a few things in there. He only takes in smaller tractors