Sign in to follow this  
Mith

Tow behind mower

Mith

Again, I think most of the membership have seen this, but still....

I wanted something a little tougher than your average mower for beating down larger areas of brush and scrub. I have successfully mowed down trees up to about 1.5" diameter. It cuts 30" but you can fold down the 2 outer wings and cut 56".

And I can now proudly say, 'As seen in FarmShow magazine!' :D

DSCF0889.jpg

DSCF0875.jpg

04-04-07_1603.jpg

kpinnc

Nothing wrong with that! Well, maybe a guard on the blades would be helpful... :P

Mith, are there any fabs you haven't done? You definately have a knack for this stuff! :D

Nice work!

Kevin

TT

I LIKE IT! :D

A cross between Junkyard Wars and Mad Max! :P

nylyon

First time I saw that I thought now this is a way to get hurt. After trying to cut some of the brush down around the homestead this past summer, I'm now thinking, how can I make me one of these? Great handy work!

Sparky

WOW!! Good thing you aint runnin the remote mower with an Onan as they dont like all that grass build up :D . But thats one mean lookin brush mutilator fer sure. Nice job...again.

Mike........

Greg B.

:D Way to go, Mith. How about some details? I bet that belt drive took some head scratching.

Greg B.

Rollerman

I remember reading aout the buildup of it on one of the other site's

Thought it was pretty cool when Mith joined up here after seeing his page too.

Looks like the grass clipings go all over!...I like it!

With MIth's towable, Dale's 72" deck, Nicks amazeing Lawn Ranger & Eldon's master body work....I'd say Red Square has a "Super Fabrication Team" :D

Maybe we can get Terry in IL to make capes.. :P

T-Mo

With MIth's towable, Dale's 72" deck, Nicks amazeing Lawn Ranger & Eldon's master body work....I'd say Red Square has a "Super Fabrication Team" whtractor

Maybe we can get Terry in IL to make capes..

Maybe you're onto something (or is it you're on something) :P

When you get a site up and growing, it's amazing at the talent level the membership has (me excluded, of course). Not only do we have some fabricators, but members who know their "red". :D

Mith

Thanks guys!

Kevin, I've got a long list of projects I would like to do, and it grows daily! Got a few 'everyday' projects to do before starting the next big one though.

Greg, not sure there really are all that many details. All the parts I didnt make are from Toro/WheelHorses, the engine is a 10HP Briggs. Cutting height is adjustable from 2-12". I could mow lighter grass at about 4mph.

Its currently in bits in the corner of my shed as I have no use for it.

Cheers

Curmudgeon

This one time, I think I'll just stick with a standard attachment like this one:

DSCF1448s.jpg

Unitonly.jpg

Yeah, I stuck the guard on the wrong side. Sue me. You won't get much! :D

Dale

T-Mo

Dale,

I've seen pictures of one of those before. I would love to see one in person. Awesome attachment.

combatmp29r

Those do look pretty sweet Dale. I've been trying to find an old Hban flail mower for the front. Not sure if they made them to fit wheel horsees, but anything can be adapted :D