Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Frontend Loader Questions??

Rollerman

Just curious what the advantages are of Ark or Kwic-way FEL's?

Are there any differances between the two makes or just the same hardware differant decal?

Been sniffing around for one & thought I'd ask if any one with knowledge of the two brands has any input.....thanks. :banghead:

HorseFixer

Ahhhhhh Haaaaaa! Looks like yer wanting to beat me to the punch eh? :banghead:

Yeah I gotta say ive been a slacker all those horses I have and havent twisted a wrench on none of um and the loader project well maybe when ya get yers you will hafta trailer it up so's I can get some measurements! :USA: I was wondering :omg: why you were razzin me about the loader on the horn the other night nows I know! :thumbs:

Duke

Nick

I think you would be happy with either the Kwik-Way or Ark loader. They are similar in size but the sub frame attachment is different. Maybe someone that still owns an Ark will jump in this but I'm not sure if the Ark will direct bolt onto a 520 or C-195 but I do know the KW loader will.

If your looking for a personal preference then I like the KW over the Ark. I dont know if all Ark loaders attach at the front hitch but I prefer the mid attachment design of the KW. Both are good working loaders I just prefer the KW.

For a smaller tractor I always liked Johnson loaders. They were sized better than both the KW and Ark for a smaller tractor. You dont see many but the Johnsons are out there. Not that Ive ever had one. :banghead:

Clickable thumbs.

th_loader001-1.jpg th_loader002-1.jpg

th_loader003.jpg th_loader004-1.jpg

th_loader005.jpg th_loader006-1.jpg

HorseFixer

Thanks Nick! :banghead: Nice Pics! Where is the link again to yer building of the load ranger?

Thanks Duke

Nick

There are other pictures mixed in now but this album has a few when the LR loader was being built. Photobucket link

DMESS

I've been using a KW mounted on our 520-H to move fill dirt around and I'm quite impressed with it's performance. At this point the tractor is the limitation and not the loader. I need more weight and duals before I can even come close to taxing the loaders capabilities. I moved a nice sized, sod covered dirt pile with ease. I had doubts that it would cut into the packed mound, but I was quite wrong. FYI, one scoop full is about equal to a 5.5 cu ft Wheel Horse dump cart. I made a LOT of trips with that little thing!

I'm with Nick on the fact that the KW will readily swap between any 8-speed, hydo and even the mighty Super C without any modifications other than reconfiguring the rear axle brackets.

Same loader, two different machines. :banghead:

KW520.jpg

195kw.jpg