BDJudy

Need help with carb identifying

BDJudy

The carb appears to be a Tecumseh, it's on a HH-100 the numbers on it are 1203 F8P. There's also a 21B on the other side. Engine is on a 69 charger 10. It also has a fuel pump pushed into the fuel port, a model 3001 pulse. The fuel pump is leaking and the carb needs cleaned at best, thinking of getting a stens replacement carb and using a briggs plastic disposable pump. But can't figure out what stens or what rebuild kit to get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbarnhart

Probably is a Tecumseh carb, but I can't tell without pictures. They can be hard to get right, but when they are, they run great and have a snappy throttle response. The fuel pump is a walbro. Kits to rebuild them are available on the bay. Search tecumseh fuel pump. The briggs pump would work as well, but I would spend the $10 on a walbro kit and keep it original.

BDJudy

61ff6e7d95c884429c06c7dc13658724.jpg

31add545f60b3fa10d89e2d5589b1e42.jpg

Maybe a series 3 Tecumseh?

tbarnhart

Its definitely a Tecumseh carb. The kits to clean and repair it are easy to get and fit many of the tecumseh carbs. Just search for "hh100 carb kit". The fuel pump kit is a walbro "K1 pump". That pump is not pressed in but rather screwed into the carb. Its fairly easy to rebuild with the kit. As far as a replacement carb, I don't know. A lot of those carbs look similar but may have different venturi sizes for different HP engines. Tecumseh used that basic series of carb from about 5 HP to at least 12 HP. I'm not sure how to know which size you have and which size to get.

Personally, I would rebuild the one I have unless the throttle shaft is worn too badly.

BDJudy

Thanks for the info, I'll check into the rebuild

Kastlcj

Any knowledge on the make and model/number for a clinton 1200 carb?

BDJudy

Update, carb cleaned and running like a champ, pump rebuild kit on it's way. Plastic briggs pulse pump temporarily installed until kit arrives

tbarnhart

Good deal! Glad you got it working.

wheel-mule

I have a NOS carb rebuild kit $35 inculding shipping.I don't think that carb is available in after market.