Rad1

Where do you get parts?

Rad1

Hi guys! New guy obviously, but I recently started bringing a WH 735 back to life. Needing a fuel pump, so my question is where do you go and what part numbers etc.

I've been searching and not having any luck! Kohler Model No. K161(S), spec no. 28626E

If I am in the wrong category please advise! I've always had a "thing" for Wheel Horses, just now being able to act! :)

• Like 1

Digger 66

I've always had a "thing" for Wheel Horses, just now being able to act! :)

Welcome to the sickness & the board .

I get my parts locally so I can't be of much help there .

• Like 1

Rad1

I'm willing to order online, or via phone if that's possible. And thanks for the Welcome and yes the darn Sickness! I've been just staring at my new family member, drooling to get it going!

Ed Kennell

Scroll down to the vendors section.  Kelly may have what you need.

Molon_Labe

:WRS: ebay is chock full of parts as well as other vendors, just do a search for what you need.

rmaynard

Take the fuel pump apart and see what's bad. A pulse pump (many K161's had them) has only 5 moving parts. A diaphragm, two one-way valve discs, and two springs. It may just need to be cleaned and have the diaphragm replaced. That's a lot cheaper than buying a new one. However, if you do need a new one, NAPA auto parts along with many other vendors sell replacement pumps for under $50.00.

:WRS:

• Like 1

Rad1

Alright guys, thanks, I sent a message to Kelly as recommended, also commencing ebay thing, I've never done the ebay thing honestly lol. Weird I know!

I can tell, I am going to love this site for my new found addiction!

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

Alright guys, thanks, I sent a message to Kelly as recommended, also commencing ebay thing, I've never done the ebay thing honestly lol. Weird I know!

I can tell, I am going to love this site for my new found addiction!

Addiction is a good way to put it!!! :)

• Like 1

rmaynard

I have been doing eBay since 1998. My best parts finds have been from eBay, but...be careful. Check the seller's reputation return policy and feedback.

• Like 2

Rad1

I think my wife actually might support this addiction, she fell in love with my 735 when I brought it home! lol

I haven't even gotten this one running yet, well it will run, it just isn't "running" but I've spotted another one looking to go home! lol

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:eusa-think:  Might want to hold that thought until...   :scared-eek: 

you see her reaction to #20 sitting in the driveway.  

• Like 3

Rad1

Hahaha! Well she lived thru my banjo addiction so this one ought to be a piece of cake ! lol

As long as I tell her its for the parade were golden!

Molon_Labe

Hahaha! Well she lived thru my banjo addiction so this one ought to be a piece of cake ! lol

As long as I tell her its for the parade were golden!

Hey Rad1, tell us a little about yourself, even though this isn't the intro thread, we'd like to know. I'm an old phart who started late into the :wh: addiction, though have had other tractors, but have a wife that puts up with me.

• Like 1

Rad1

Ok, no problem. 50, live in the country, what we call the Sticks. Have 8 acres, a younger wife and we have a 2 year old daughter, hence my parade comments. I used my cub cadet to pull my daughter in the 4th of July parade last year and I thought it would be cool to have an old tractor to do the parade with next year, a few weeks later this 735 wheel horse came up for sale on an online yard sale and I couldn't help but jump. Worked a 12 hour shift and went straight after work to pick it up. :)

Can't explain it but even as a teenager I always thought Wheel Horses were so cool! They have always stood out to me. When I had a neighbor that bought a brand new one and I found out the price I was like Ouch so I never did anything about it.

I'm trying to scrap the money together to get a WH 10?? It's a 1954 model. 

The 1965 735 model I have well I took it to my buddies garage to make it a winter project and 3 of it just pounced on it. New battery first thing, then had to track down a wire that was unplugged, that had been spliced and taped over. Fixed that then cleaned a contact on the voltage regulator then we had spark! We got it to turn over and then sprayed a little gas in the carb and it runs, so we tracked down the no fuel problem up to the fuel pump (false as Maynard labeled it and it makes sense).

So that's where I am at. Like to hunt, just not as much as I used to, banjo picker and now Wheel Horse enthusiast. :)

Thanks for asking M_Bailey and thanks for your service! Actually I am a CT/MRI Tech at a VA hospital :)

Edited by Rad1
  • Like 2

Rad1

Figure I'm going to be around this site, so when I get the chance I will spruce up my profile haha!

• Like 1

Bert

Thanks for sharing and  :WRS: Im sure the experts will help help get your horse going in no time :)

• Like 1

Rad1

Question for you guys. Do you name them and if so are they female names? :)

Digger 66

I've never done the ebay thing honestly lol. Weird I know!

Depends on how "curvy" they are .

Digger 66

Wow , That was weird ^^^^^^^^^^^

If you never used FleaBay , either get yourself one of those pre pay credit cards with the exact amount of the item you wish to buy , or a PayPal acct .

KC9KAS

Several time you said "735", and I don't see a 735 on my model list. Am I missing something, or do you mean "753"?

ericj

welcome to  :rs:   not to rain on the parade but i have never  heard of a 735, a 755, a 745 but not a 735. i'm not up on the older round hood stuff so i maybe way off course hear but curiosity   has got me now and i would like to know     :scratchead:

eric j

Geno

Hey Rad and :WRS:  

If you're gonna get into these heavy I reccommend you look around for people selling old Horse parts and buy them by the truckload.  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Only when they're not cooperating do I call mine some choice female names.    :ychain: 

• Like 3

octfst

Sure you don't mean 753? that would have the K161 you refer to. They only made one model after that. that they used that engine on. the 753 stands for 7(7hp Kohler) 5 (electric start) 3 (1963)1964 was the last year Wheel Horse used the K161 and it was left over engine's from 1963. they only used the K161 1961-1964. OH by the way Welcome to Red Square.

Edited by octfst
  • Like 1

Rad1

Geesh my friend you are so correct, it is in fact a

1963 (I think) 753! Posted at the end of a long week

and 10 hour shift! Hard to believe such a mistake

On my part after I've stared at it so much:)

post-14278-0-96370500-1416623343_thumb.j

• Like 1