motor12

Can this pulley be substituted for the 1611 drive pulley

motor12

I have been looking for a match for the #1611 drive pulley on my 854. I have found a cast iron pulley  DIA.4"  ID.3/4" and the  keyway is 3/16" part # 13-5882 supplied by http://mfgsupply.com  priced at $23.29. Does anyone know if this can be used as a substitute for the #1611. Thanks.

ri702bill

Hello:

The website does not mention either the belt groove width nor the groove depth / diameter, nor its overall width. You need it for a 4L (half inch wide) belt. I bought a different cast pulley from McMaster & I ordered it by pulley & outside diameter only to find the belt sat deeper in the groove. Seems they now sell a wider as well as deeper groove version to accomodate 2 different series of belts. I had to cut the sides back to make it thin enough to fit under my 854 belt guard. Then I needed a 69 inch long belt instead of the original 70 inch. Hope that helps.

Bill

motor12

Thanks Bill, yes it does help. I am going to wait for the correct pulley (1611) you are right, when you change one thing five other things won't fit.

racinfool40

Pm sent Motor12...