Molon_Labe

416-8 Joins The Herd

Wheel-N-It

You're making some good progress on this project. Thanks for the pics. Looking forward to some more.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Its coming along very nice, I might have to change my nickname for it to Baileys Beautiful Beast.

Glenn

• Like 3

Molon_Labe

You're making some good progress on this project. Thanks for the pics. Looking forward to some more.

If I were 40 years younger the progress would be much better (too many metal parts in my back)!! I hope to have it pretty well wrapped up in the next week or so and I will post pics. I just received the new decals from Terry but will wait a month or so for the paint to cure before putting them on.

Its coming along very nice, I might have to change my nickname for it to Baileys Beautiful Beast.

Glenn

Glenn I love your nickname for it and it's a beast alright. It's been lots of fun trying to put it back into shape. One thing that won't be going back into service is the annunciator for the warning lights. The board is completely destroyed and since I grew up before Ralph Nader, I really don't see the need for a light to tell me to push the clutch..... :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl: I grew up on a Farmall and they sure didn't have that feature!! :) :)

• Like 3

Molon_Labe

All of the sheet metal is back on now, in a few days the black will go on the hood. Took it out for a breath of fresh air and as soon as I pulled it into the garage there was a "clatter, plink" and here's what was on the floor. Looks like the factory glue didn't hold very well.

post-13276-0-34766000-1418159857_thumb.j

post-13276-0-91028000-1418159968_thumb.j

Geno

Tractor is looking really good!   :handgestures-thumbsup:   You know that as soon as you fix one thing something else usually breaks.   :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2

Molon_Labe

Tractor is looking really good!   :handgestures-thumbsup:   You know that as soon as you fix one thing something else usually breaks.   :laughing-rolling:

Like Rosanna Rosanna Danna always said "It's always something" Boy, ain't that the truth! I ordered another JD 80 clutch disc for it like I did for the last two, should be here later in the week so I can get it JB Welded in place.

• Like 3

KyBlue

Amazing! Great job...anybody would be proud to have that'n in their stable

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

Yep that welded washer idea works pretty well on those hood hinges.   Surprising for me how much they wore on my 314 and 312 hoods I repaired.  Probably should have had a brass bushing in those when they were produced.

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

Yep that welded washer idea works pretty well on those hood hinges.   Surprising for me how much they wore on my 314 and 312 hoods I repaired.  Probably should have had a brass bushing in those when they were produced.

Lane in retrospect I think I should have welded in a piece of 3/8 ID tubing for support. My C series don't show that kind of wear so it must be the added weight of the lights is all that comes to mind. The brass bushing is a good idea!

• Like 3

KyBlue

Lane in retrospect I think I should have welded in a piece of 3/8 ID tubing for support. My C series don't show that kind of wear so it must be the added weight of the lights is all that comes to mind. The brass bushing is a good idea!

I'd suggest finding a bushing that Fits, and just drilling out the washer that you welded on so it fits. It'll help ad some support and drastically reduce the wear...

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

Painted the black on the hood and installed the new bezels today and LED tail lights along with the slot hitch provided by Ken, kiotiken.

Before

post-13276-0-21853500-1418408498_thumb.j

After

post-13276-0-06496200-1418408563_thumb.j

And the hitch... Thanks Ken!!!

post-13276-0-57811200-1418408623_thumb.j

• Like 3

Geno

Looking good Major!   :handgestures-thumbsup:   When you gonna decal her up?

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Luvin the progress. And A+ on top.

Glenn

• Like 2

Molon_Labe

Looking good Major!   :handgestures-thumbsup:   When you gonna decal her up?

Thanks Geno funny you should ask about decals. They are sitting out in the garage waiting for me to put them on. With Terry's Holiday Sale going on I couldn't put off getting them. I'll try to get them put on this weekend if the weather turns out as nice as predicted.

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

Geno before I forget, I used the Krylon paint plus primer you suggested for the satin black and it didn't react with the Ace Hardware red. Covered in 2 coats, good stuff :thumbs: . Epoxied the new pto disc in place and reinstalled everything. Put the decals on the hood and fender pan and that pretty well wraps it up for this winter. The rest of the decals will go on next year when I tear the upper dash out to repair a stress crack, reinforce the upper steering shaft bushing and take care of the rest of the detail work. Got to get back on the Suburban so this one is done for now.

post-13276-0-23882600-1418483261_thumb.j

post-13276-0-10619300-1418483353_thumb.j

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Job well done, your inspiring me to put my new decals on to.

Glenn

• Like 2

wheelhorseman

WOW looking very nice it sure turned out nice !! :greetings-clappingyellow: 

• Like 2

jackhammer

I've been following your thread, stpped in to say --  super job looks great .

• Like 1

Geno

Fine job Major, another happy Horse.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1