Cutlas3391

45 inches of Snow Wheel Horse Team Ready. Lake effect Snowstorm

Geno

Yes you should!  I can't wait for enough snow to get mine out!   :text-woo:

• Like 5

stevasaurus

They are talking about too much snow on roofs and trees...be careful.  :)

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

At least Sun out for now.

At least Sun out for now.

89f5f41cc9a28ebeaae0e9b59685faa1.jpg
  • Like 3

AJ_Thanatos

Even the Sabres game has empty seats. That's more impressive than the snow totals

The Sabres always have empty seats.  :teasing-poke:

• Like 1

squonk

The Sabres pack in 18,000 plus every home game.  :)  :bow-blue:

• Like 2

Digger 66

:laughing-rolling:

• Like 2

Jrblanke

Too bad a lot of us aren't closer.  I would be there with a lot of tractors and blowers, we would cover your area in red.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Amen to that! I'd be out there helping for sure!

• Like 2

papaglide

Guys this how weird and cool lake effect snow is. I live about 50 minutes north of Shawn and this is how it looks outside of my house right now. Maybe 1 inch of snow.

We moved up here about 10 yrs ago from Lackawanna which is about 15 minutes from Shawn. Sometimes I miss that snow and other times I don't.

post-2771-0-61492400-1416438663_thumb.jp

• Like 3

KyBlue

Now..Now.. be nice to him ... He didn't say 18,000 what...  Could be 18k Ants ... or Roaches ... Flies Maybe?  He didn't say 18,000 actual human fans :ychain::confusion-scratchheadblue::teasing-poke:

• Like 1

546cowboy

Thank God that's not here! That would be tough even for my snow machine. You know I traded for a Case skid  steer a couple years ago. I had wanted one for a while because I had a Ford 4000 with a loader that must have been over 10' long and got stuck a lot in the snow. It was easy to get out though with the bucket. Since I got rid of all my Horses, the Case is the snow removal machine now, especially since now it has a Kubota diesel in it. Yea 51hp. and 4-wheel drive and a 5' bucket will flat move some snow but 6 or 7 feet at a time is still tough. I would need to build me a cab for that much snow too!

post-1334-0-88423600-1416439357_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-98214600-1416439421_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Cutlas3391

Here's some pictures been out since 8am.594c025bb9666fe1cdebee538af1e9bc.jpg

post-8224-141643975229_thumb.jpg

post-8224-141643976199_thumb.jpg

post-8224-141643977561_thumb.jpg

post-8224-141643978402_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

ericj

Geno that would be neat to see a convoy of truck and trailers all headed north with wheel horses set for moving snow. instead of plow day we could have a snow day lol   :laughing-rofl:  hope you guys get enough of a break to catch up before getting nailed again

eric j

• Like 2

Coadster32

That's amazing!!! A couple years back we woke up to 36" overnight. Our town was pretty much crippled for days.

• Like 1

Kennedy

Man, that picture from the plane looks like a snow tsunami. We get lake effect here in Cleveland, but I have yet to see anything like that im my lifetime.

Hang in there.

Mark

• Like 1

RMCIII

The thing about Buffalo is they are still far enough south and close enough to the Atlantict to get the tail end of the warm air currents that are generated still this time of year. So when it mixes with the cold front and the lake is still not frozen, you get a mega dose of what just happened in Buffalo..... Best thing that can happen is that lake freeze real quick!

Rob

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

Update 11:00pm just spent 12 hours outside and finally moved all the snow in my driveway and neighbors house. Had to walk 2 miles to a gas station. As I hit the main road it looked like a war zone. A 4 lane 4 road was down to one. With in 2 miles I seen at least 15 cars all over the road stuck in snow. Snowmobiles everywhere. There were road blocks everywhere cops were not letting people. I seen national guard out and large bulldozers everywhere.

I just finished shoveling my roof off. For all the Wheel Horse Tractors there all sAfe and work very hard today.

As we speak lighting and thunder is outside another 2 feet coming......

• Like 3

ericj

how the h.ll do you get out the door with snow like that. i just couldn't imagine trying to dig out of that. i have a 520 with a 2 stage blower but it's kept in the shed out back and i would never make it out there to get to it in that amount of snow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:  :banghead:

eric j

• Like 1

PaulC

Really cool photos Shawn!! I don't know about you but I got another foot out there overnight. My horse will be back at work here shortly. Hope you were able to get enough gas. To bad it's not piped right in to that awesome pump u got haha. Stay warm buddy!!

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

Yea I been siphoning gas out of the other tractors and using wheel horse pump lol.

Also to you keep safe and warm.

• Like 3

PaulC

Shawn check out this thread I got my tall chute on and going and about to go use it some more. Also for everyone there are some other pictures and videos of what we're dealing with here in buffalo.

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

I seen it sweet chute I put a bigger on the big D

• Like 1

kudzu3

Beautiful day here in North Georgia :icecream:  :ychain:

• Like 2

baerpath

Yup looking for 50 and rain on this side of NY on Sat.  Glad I'm not on that side anymore. Marylou has pictures of climbing out of the upstairs windows at her mothers in Corfu.

• Like 3