psalms83:18

You guys aren't gonna believe this!!

WH nut

Great find,

CasualObserver

:WRS: looking forward to pictures of your find.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Nice find, nice story, good luck and welcome to red square.

Glenn

KyBlue

Cool story and great find..

Coadster32

Great story and welcome to :rs:

GT14

Great story, hope its ready to go soon. 

Sparky

Awesome story and an even better price!!

Mike..........

AMC RULES

See... :WRS:

...it does pay to pray.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 2

Geno

Hello and :WRS:  Can't wait to see the pics.  :text-woo:

JC 1965

Hello and  :WRS:    Great story, thanks for sharing  :wwp:

AJ_Thanatos

Great find! Can't wait to see pics. 

And welcome to  :rs:

oaktown1987

Amen brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KC9KAS

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:

Great story!

I have done some praying, but never for a Wheel Horse!

Edited by KC9KAS
  • Like 1

wheelhorsekid

Welcome!

rollingflat

:banana-gotpics:

Welcome to RED SQUARE, ...most of us on here cant read...WE NEED   :banana-gotpics:  :banana-gotpics:  :banana-gotpics:  :banana-gotpics:

• Like 1

Tankman

Great find and story. Post pics and an update!

We'll was working all day on this thing trying and hoping and praying each thing would be the final step to get it runnin. After fixing the tires and filling each with by bout 25oz of goop! I treated the sidewalls and strap 'd them on crank'd it up and went to unhook the cables(cause I don't have a good battery for it yet) and it wouldn't stay runnin!!!! Great any one know where the alternator is??

Then when I hooked up the snowblower the shaft receiver lifter hydro thingy...the bar on the underside of the tractor is seriously bent!! Look below!! No wonder I was think the hydraulics weren't working,,,, they still might not b!?

So after I impossibly can't remove the whole bar or disassemble it ,,I grab some heat and a monkey wrench after which it at least should move enough for this winter. Next year I think I'm gonna have to do a complete removal of everything down to the frame?

Another difficulty is trying to figure what's missing around the brake locking mechanism that goes between the wheel and seat...It was missing that whole panel.post-14261-0-88135700-1416433927_thumb.jpost-14261-0-32050300-1416433250_thumb.jpost-14261-0-28387900-1416434132_thumb.jpost-14261-0-43297000-1416434214_thumb.jpost-14261-0-43925600-1416434280_thumb.j

• Like 1

So anyone have any ideas or maybe even a diagram where to look for the alternator and a buddy of mine said another thing that regulates from alternator to the battery?? Or the engine ??

I pretty much re worked every thing!! Electrical up to this point....every connection and every wire either reconditioned or replaced...except the alternator I guess.

I did take a break on the wheel horse today to put a o2 sensor in my wife's car.

Ooh and I remember now also.... I don't seem to have any leaks and the oil in the rear end dipstick looks perfect..and with the rear wheels off the ground she does forward and reverse but on the ground she barely moves?? I can't tell but I don't think it's the belt slipping??

Edited by psalms83:18

bmsgaffer

Hydro: you will have to check and adjust the linkages that go between the motion lever back to the transmission (under the fender pan)

Battery: These tractors will not run without a battery (I am pretty sure this is the case with the KT17 you have there) because of how the ignition system works.

You will have to try it hooked up to a good battery.

(Your "alternator" is acutally coils that are under the flywheel. There is a rectifier/regulator that manages the converting of the 30-50Vac to 13.8VDC to charge the battery. That could still be just fine, try the battery first)

That is a seriously bent rock shaft, never seen one like that!

Edited by bmsgaffer

Jrblanke

Congrats on the find!

I believe you need to get a new battery. Also, the drive belt in your third picture is the one from the engine to the hydro pump. Is the belt loose? 

The belt belt is slightly loose but was still tight enough not to squeak or notice slippage???

If I put a decent battery on it and it runs for only 10min or so then it should b one of the alternator or rectifier?. Right?.? There is a battery on it now to complete the circuit it is just the one it came with.

Any postings of people talkin and showin pics on the alternator guts?? Or if I may b able to just hit it with a hammer like I did everything else on this thing to fix it?.? Wheel horse loves a good beating!!

so i think i got my head wrapped around the electrical due to a thread in the electrical section.. thanks guys for your patience... im cramming alot in the last week since i have owned this!

cruisnblue48

Welcome to RedSquare! Nice find there. I believe once you get everything straightened out and working properly, you are going to have a blast moving snow! By the way, most of us here on RedSquare were a Wheel Horse "newbie" at one time. I got my first Wheel Horse 3-1/2 years ago for free. I now have nine of them and looking at the possibility of getting #10 next week. Lots of great folks here at RedSquare who can and will help you with any problems you have with your horse.

Edited by cruisnblue48