6wheeler

D-250 questions

6wheeler

I was tucking the D-250 away for its winter nap the other day. As I pushed in the push/pull lift knob to drop the disc it dawned on me. I really don't like this push/pull knob mechanism. It just don't feel right. Plus it seems the pump may be getting weak because it doesn't want to lift the implements as well as it used to. So, as I was cruising the sight I came across some pictures of D -250's that had actual levers on the side and a different looking pump than mine. Well, if they can have it? So can I. Just something about pulling a lever rather than pulling a knob just feels more tractorly. So, Now with the question? I would assume that this is a upgraded hydraulic version that was put out for maybe newer tractors. Would it be a bolt on change over? Could I even get the parts? And, How come there isn't a filter on this hydraulic setup on my tractor. Questions, Questions. Anyone got any Ideas?   Thanks   Pat

aldefed

If you go back a few pages, Cutlas3391 posted some pictures of my modified D250. I put on my own hydraulic system which included hydrostatic steering. I got most of the parts from surplus center. It's a pretty involved process to go to the extent I did. You need a pump, priority valve, control valve, filter, steering valve, ect.

I modified my second D250 to update just the hydraulic system. Again, I got most of the parts from Surplus Center. Attached is a picture of it. It is much more simple. You would need a control valve, a very small pump, filter and a new oil tank.

post-1277-0-50406300-1416283578.jpg

Al

post-1277-0-50406300-1416283578.jpg

• Like 1

jdmitchjr@6dlam.com

aldefed -- I for one would love to see more photos and information about your hydraulic steering conversion.  I am thinking about doing the conversion to a D-180 with a loader.  My mid lift is not going to be used so I was thinking of driving the steering valve with the mid lift ports instead of adding a pump.

Thanks.

Regards.

dbadoo

Hello,

I have a 1976 D-250 and have to replace the hydraulic line from the pump to the mid mount cylinder quick connect.  I can't seem to lock down the size, is it a 1/2"?  Anyone know the coupling size/terminology?

Thanks,