RickF

Any back-up lights for plowing snow?

RickF

Has anyone mounted any back-up light (like a spot light) for plowing snow? If so, what did you use? Was there enough watts to be effective? I want to upgrade my GT14 lighting and try to include a back-up light. Also, I want to switch to LED bulbs (maybe), but the brightest ones seem to be "cool white" in color.  Is this bright enough? Thank You.  Rick

Fun Engineer

18 watt LED flood, hard wired into the RIO circuit.

Purchased a pair off eBay so I have a spare. When I press the reverse peddle, it automatically comes on. It's on the back of my cab for when I'm snowblowing.

I have two, 27 watt round LED lights on the front also. These LED really put out a good amount of light.

Sent from my tractor seat.

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Finally got my lights connected to the switch panel. The rear reverse light is the best mod I've done.

Before:

After:

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Yeah...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

that is really nice. 

Geno

Lots of light there, just to be sure, is that just the one 18 watt?

Fun Engineer

Yes Geno, one 18 watt flood. It's amazing what these LEDs will do.

Here's the front two @ 24 watt each.

The picture doesn't do them justice. It doesn't pickup for far they throw the light.

• Like 4

Geno

I gotta get some of those, thanks for the pics!  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Fun Engineer

I've had someone inquire as to where I bought the LEDs. I purchased the front 24 volts about 4 years ago on eBay for $56 shipped. I bought the pair of 18 watt lights here and paid $26.95 shipped. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=121316772843

Hope this is helpful.

gwest_ca

Have not seen anyone post on a backup light switch that is controlled by the shifter.

I used a switch normally used on a residential window or door in a security system. One half is just a magnet that I mounted on the shifter of an 8-speed. The other is a reed switch that I mounted on a bracket that positions the two bodies about a 1/4" apart from each other when the shifter is in reverse. The reed switch is powered by the tail light circuit so the reverse light only works when the lights are on. This switch controls a fused 30 amp relay I added so any reverse light will work. I am using a small auto accessory reverse lamp that used a 1156 bulb so I replaced it with an LED replacement bulb. Not a lot of light but sufficient when the surroundings are white. It has not missed a beat in 5 years. The municipal snowplow driver stopped early one morning in the dark and told me he liked it. He said "I know what you are doing when I come up behind you" and that was part of my intention for installing it. I have to back out onto the road to do my drive as it against the law here to push or move snow across a road.

Garry

• Like 2

CTBT&D

I mounted a LED auto running light to the seat pan.(520H) When the lights are turned on power is supplied to a WH safety switch I mounted inside the hoodstand. When the motion linkage moves to reverse it trips the switch to turn on the backup lights. :twocents-02cents:

• Like 2

Coadster32

Here's a backup light setup I have on my 854. Just an trailer LED strip, but a lot brighter than you think it might be. Nothing overhead or crazy but very effective.

">pics058.jpg

">pics059.jpg

">pics060.jpg

• Like 3