nylyon

Weather report scared me.

KyBlue

Ya'll got snow ... we got friggid cold! 

The two inches we got Monday are almost gone here at home, and the driveway was melted off by the time I got home ... so I didn't even get to play!!! :no:

• Like 1

Geno

We only got 1/2 inch here and it was off the drive by lunchtime. 

bmsgaffer

Wow. We had 5 inches and could have used the plow but my tractor was still in the shed with the mower deck on! And my 205 project is in pieces...

I did get the tractor in the garage (put it in reverse, hopped off and pushed it through the yard) but the plow needs parts and i gotta put the chains on. Yuck.

Then what i didn't shovel by hand froze solid in our 9*F weather... Supposed to be 60 this weekend though!

• Like 1

KyBlue

Wow. We had 5 inches and could have used the plow but my tractor was still in the shed with the mower deck on! And my 205 project is in pieces...

I did get the tractor in the garage (put it in reverse, hopped off and pushed it through the yard) but the plow needs parts and i gotta put the chains on. Yuck.

Then what i didn't shovel by hand froze solid in our 9*F weather... Supposed to be 60 this weekend though!

Caught you with your pants down so to speak.  I don't think anybody here was prepared for what we actually got.  

• Like 1

Buckshot 1

I feel sorry for those people in Buffalo, NY, 4 feet of snow on the ground and more coming. We got about 4",s of snow Sunday, plowed the driveway off Monday, no side walks in this part of the hood to plow.  

• Like 1

Digger 66

That light pole is ( was ) 6 feet tall    :greetings-wavegreen:

IMG_1272_zps92c8a469.jpg

• Like 2

aldefed

I live near Buffalo, NY and got over 4 feet of snow.  The snow in the driveway was taller than the hood of my D250.  Couldn't even snow blow it, I had to dig a path with the front loader and then I could shave the sides with the blower.  Took me 10 hours to do a 200 foot driveway and then when I got to the end, there was 2 feet in  the road!

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

Caught you with your pants down so to speak.  I don't think anybody here was prepared for what we actually got.  

Yep! I thought "Eh 4 inches of snow on the warm asphalt will never stick around!"  :teasing-wedgie:

That light pole is ( was ) 6 feet tall    :greetings-wavegreen:

IMG_1272_zps92c8a469.jpg

:jaw:    If I lived in an area where this ever happened I would consider taking a couple d series snow blowers and fab them on top of each other... make a "child-eater" so to speak...

Something like this but smaller: post-6955-0-46063900-1416420488_thumb.jp :hide:

• Like 2

Terry M

Winter is starting way too early even here in Minnesota......not a good sign :hide: .......

• Like 2

Digger 66

Maybe next year .

The wheels were actually slipping a little as he went by  :banana-skier:

IMG_20141119_130350_461_zpsc90e5d48.jpg

• Like 3

rustykan

Maybe next year .

The wheels were actually slipping a little as he went by  :banana-skier:

IMG_20141119_130350_461_zpsc90e5d48.jpg

It's not red, but I bet a lot of people up there wish they had one!

• Like 2

Theroundhousernr

Look at the snow on the roof ,holy cow! Those kind of snows will weed out the bad contractors and home builders. Wow unbelievable. I have to say i would love to witness that in person. Then the boss calls and says you coming in work?! Lol

Digger 66

Posted Today, 06:41 PM

Amazing what a little bribery will do .

My neighbor Rob was running the hi-lift tonight & in exchange for a red Gatorade he yanked my grocery-getter out of the snowbank .

Funny thing I just had the summer tires swapped out for my Blizzaks . < these are truly amazing in the snow .

Untitled_zps2c0b9642.png

Edited by Digger 66
  • Like 2

KyBlue

At least it was a RED gatorade :happy-jumpeveryone:

Digger 66

:)

JC 1965

All you guys in NY, hang in there. Hope you all are safe. Thinking of you guys and wishing you the best.

PaulC

Haha digger your name is unbelievably appropriate for living in our neck of the woods right now. Hang tough buddy!!

Digger 66

Ha Ha ! ^ never thought about that .

Just put 26 miles on the sled .

Went over & checked on Mom & some friends .

Pretty cool to be riding on city streets ! 

Untitled_zps948f66a2.png

• Like 1

Geno

I bet it is!  Great Pic!   :text-woo:

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

I can't believe the snow you guys are getting in the Buffalo area.

I don't know if I should be happy or sad for you.

I'm quite content with our 50 inches thank you, although I think our new neighbor from down state was a little surprised when he showed up this morning with nothing but a small snow shovel [emoji2]

I told him to stand back and I'd show him how we remove snow up here along the 45th parallel [emoji41]

Sent from my tractor seat.