shallowwatersailor

Hard to Classify

shallowwatersailor

This isn't about getting injured. Some may think it funny but I am hurt. Today I received a 1954 Montgomery Ward Walking Tractor brochure that I won on eBay. My dog at times has a passion for paper. While I wasn't looking, he managed to devour about 1/2 of it. I did get to leaf through it twice though. What hurts is the loss of a 60 year old piece of history, and it was in excellent condition. The paper was a bit brittle so I had handled it with care.

Old paper must be like fine wine! I didn't realize that he was a connoisseur of fine paper. :angry-nono: Bad dog!

post-3066-0-72849000-1415665162.jpgpost-3066-0-00254500-1415665209_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Geno

I am sorry for your loss, bad dog is right.  :laughing-rolling:

rmaynard

Had a Siamese cat that ate wool years ago. I bought some nice wool socks and left them on the bed. Lost the socks, followed by the cat.

Lesson learned.

Sorry about the brochure John. Keep your eyes open. Another one will turn up one day. Maybe by that time the dog will have acquired a taste for something else.

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Think that same cat could've made it's way down to Dino's house?   :eusa-think: 

Geno

I bought some nice wool socks and left them on the bed. Lost the socks, followed by the cat.

Poor kitty.  :laughing-rolling:   :laughing-rolling:

64s

My wife's bird did the same to a vintage poster I had.  Yeah, the stupid thing is still around.

• Like 1

RMCIII

Not very funny... I know you like those ole walk behinds! Walk behind doggy and maybe he'll leave you something BEHIND! :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rolling:  :hilarious:  :ychain: I'm sorry, I could not help myself... That would make me extremly mad also, but at the same time, man that is good for a laugh.

Rob

Ken B

Archie was my best buddy for 17 yrs. He went everywhere with me and was super well behaved, most of the time. He never bit my kids no matter how hard they tugged on his big floppy ears. He never barked, once in a while he would give out the funniest sounding howl while chasing a squirrel up a tree but that was it.. One of his favorite pass times was eating things that he shouldn't such as dirty socks, pens, the kids rubber erasers... One day for whatever reason I left a hundred dollar bill on the end table next to the couch. When I came back fifteen minutes later half of it was eaten. Archie was sittin on the end of the couch with that I didn't do it look on his face. I figured no biggie I'll just bring the half eaten bill to the bank and tell them what happened and get a replacement. Well, since he ate EXACTLY half I wasn't gettin a replacement because how would they know that the other half still remains and that someone wouldn't be back with the other half later! I couldn't help but laugh, Archie ALWAYS made me laugh even if it cost me 100 bucks!

Woody couldn't have done it, he was outside.. Archie was the Cocker..

Archie001.jpg

Archie.jpg

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 2