andrewLL

Raider 12 screw threads

andrewLL

Hi, could someone help me with the screw thread size and type for the wheel bolts on my Raider 12.  The threads on the wheel hubs are very tight and difficult to bolt up, I imagine they are full of dirt and rust.  As the threads on the bolt are clean it must be the hubs that need cleaning and I would like to buy a tap to clean them out... but what size.  I don't have a thread gauge.

Thanks

Andrew

post-8898-0-03943100-1415562642_thumb.jp

Martin

7/16-20 UNF

squonk

If you have a Fastenal near you do yourself a favor and get 10 7/16" 20 x1 1/2 screws and 10 7/16 star lock washers. Thread the bolts into the hubs from the back side and lock them with the washers. Go to an auto parts store and get 10 70 Chevy Camaro lug nuts to hold the wheels on. Makes wheel change out and maintenance a lot easier.

• Like 3

redrooster

Nice looking horse[emoji106]

Molon_Labe

If you have a Fastenal near you do yourself a favor and get 10 7/16" 20 x1 1/2 screws and 10 7/16 star lock washers. Thread the bolts into the hubs from the back side and lock them with the washers. Go to an auto parts store and get 10 70 Chevy Camaro lug nuts to hold the wheels on. Makes wheel change out and maintenance a lot easier.

:text-yeahthat: Sqounk's suggestion sure makes life easier when it comes to pulling the wheels off :text-+1:

Trouty56

Fastenal sells the wheel nuts too....they deliver orders to my work....call them up, place order, order ships to work, done!!  AND if your company uses them you should get the company discount...I do!!!

Edited by Trouty56

Tankman

Change from wheel studs to lug nuts is always at the top of my "to-do" list when picking up a new Horse for the herd.

7/16-20 x 1-1/2" long, washers, open end acorn lug nuts, blue threadlocker.  :)

Edited by Tankman