Geno

How does your other half deal with your obsession?

baerpath

mine use to complain a lot till the other year when we were about to loose the house. i took a bunch of them to the whcc show and sold them and 1 i didn't plan on selling came home with a fare amount of cash and she stopped b--thing. now she know that i more or less know what i'm doing, lol :laughing-rofl: and leaves me alone

eric j

Just remember Eric, she's a woman and can change her mind LOL :ychain:

• Like 2

speedyleedy

Well Geno I've been doing this for about 20yrs still love it . It's about the people you have made friend's  with & people that you have met that make it one the best thing's to be in . They always seem to understand

Edited by speedyleedy
  • Like 1

neil

From someone that thinks they are all just rusty ole junk , from the look on her face I think she is not quite telling me the truth.post-2119-0-47702700-1415512295_thumb.jp

I find myself having to answer lots of questions

Why do you need another one

What you gonna do with them all

What do I do with them if anything happens to you

Where you gonna put them all

What was that you had delivered today by the postman ( oh it was nothing much dear just some boring things for a job at work)

Why do you spend so much time on that tractor forum

Ans so on

She is actually quite tolerant

• Like 4

fabricator2009

My wife has become very tolerant of my obsession. Not so much in the beginning.

• Like 1

Digger 66

She uses one of 'em to hold the laundry.   :)

You're not alone , Craig .

Mine has been making a pretty good work table while putting the Renegade back together . :coffee:

• Like 2

Racinbob

One thing I forgot to add to my post. My wife actually asked me to verify the dates for the big show next June. She wants to lock in some vacation time so we can go. :woohoo: 

• Like 3

squonk

The Fri. and Sat. after Father's day June 26th and 27th.

• Like 1

Racinbob

Thanks Mike. I actually have the flier hanging on the wall in the computer room. Can't wait for June!!

• Like 1

KC9KAS

I read the thread title to her and she responded, "Very well, thank you!"

She likes to go to the shows and actually bought me 2 WH tractors a couple of years ago for Christmas.

On another Christmas, there was a homemade ticket to the annual Wheel Horse show. She enjoyed that trip as much as I did.

• Like 2

Geno

There seems to be a lot of good girls out there!  :handgestures-thumbsup:

ben06351

Mine love's em too. I think that's because the 520HC is still making money for us. But she does get a kick out of the others in my collection.

• Like 1

can whlvr

my wife and I boughr a 1986 308-8 together so she knows where my addiction got started,she don't get it but leaves me alone about having 8 tractors

• Like 1

Marv

That's dangerous Marv.  Do you like most all of them like I do?    :laughing-rolling:

Sure do!!

Marvin

• Like 1

motor12

Now that I have completed my first Wheel Horse my wife wants one of her own. I can't complain about that, now I'm in the market for a second Horse.

• Like 1

Geno

Way to go Motor!   :text-+1:

oldblue1993

I have been working on my evil plan  for about ten years, dealing with crapsman, crubs and all the other tin cans I would complain grumble and kick them "alot"  all while saying "I dont mind working on em when I want to, not when I have to".  Then one summer she made a mistake of saying . well get what you want and have at least 2 so ones always going.

That was all I needed , first one then 2 then 3 and 4 and so on. When she says are you done yet, I just say "am I complaining?" It gets quiet and out to the barn I go. Yes maybe a little evil but  we all know thats the game that needs to be played sometimes, been married 15 years now and as long as theres no complaining should be many more.

• Like 1

Geno

Smart man.  :text-+1:

AJ_Thanatos

What other half!  :ROTF:

• Like 1

Geno

Heck AJ you can even keep them in the house.   :wh:  end tables, that's what I'm talking about.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Did you ever meet a woman that did not love horses???  Me neither.  :)

• Like 3

formariz

Well, like Ken 's wife my little woman here also has no interest whatsoever in tractors or understands my obsession with them. So as not to upset her over them, I "sort" of kept them hidden around the property over the years always making sure that only two that she knows were ever exposed . Since all are red and round hoods with one exception it has been kind of easy since she pays no mind to them .

This strategy worked until last summer when we had some company over and were outside enjoying the day and I asked someone to go to the main shed and get a small bag of charcoal there. Within seconds I realized my mistake but it was too late. Shed door opens( garage door fully exposing interior) and there they are most of them, enjoying the newly found daylight. Someone goes, Wow! She looks , squints , turns to me and really loud in front of everyone goes " exactly how many f......g tractors do you have? Now everyone is silent looking at me as I am still trying to scrape my nuts off the floor. So full disclosure was on order and I told her only 8 with enough parts to make three more . So she shakes her head in disbelief and walks away saying that I had a problem.

The good thing about this whole event was that everybody went on a tractor ride since there were enough for everyone. Now every time she sees one outside she always asks if that's a new one.

Edited by formariz
  • Like 6

stevasaurus

formariz.... :hilarious:

Geno

That's one cookout I would have loved to be at!   :laughing-rolling:   :laughing-rolling:

82Caddy

My wife doesn't understand my enjoyment of tractors, cars, trucks or most outdoor related activities.  She just doesn't get it and its not her thing as long as she still has a spot to park her car she doesn't get too upset about my "toys".

However, she did really like when it snowed this week that there was only a 5x10 foot patch that needed to be shoveled and the rest was done by the ol' wheel hose with a plow.

Edited by 82Caddy
  • Like 1

buckrancher

My wife what can I say other than shes amazing. Not just my wife but my best friend she grew up on a farm and is right at home with tractors of any shape and size she accompanies me on all of my tractor rustling and goes too all the tractor shows I attend.

She makes reproduction  :wh:  seat covers for me and too sell. She will sit under our canopy at the shows and talk tractors to anyone who stops by. she has never complained or asked me why I am buying this although

sometimes I wish she would then maybe I wouldn't have 45+ tractors sitting around. Those of you who have been lucky enough to meet her know shes a keeper and I wouldn't trade her for a dog that could hunt

post-591-0-67583000-1416278108_thumb.jpg

post-591-0-75341700-1416278207_thumb.jpg

Brian

Edited by buckrancher
  • Like 7