RMCIII

1st. Annual Wheel Horse Convention

Convention Questions  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a 1st. ever Wheel Horse Convention?

• Yes
    • No
    • Possibly - need more info
  2. 2. How far would you be willing to travel to attend?

• 50 - 100 miles?
    • 100 - 150 miles?
    • 200 - 250 miles?
    • Don't care would make it no matter the distance?
  3. 3. What would be a range you would pay, for room and meals, if you were to attend?

• $75.00 - $100.00 a night?
    • $100.00 - $125.00 a night?
    • $125.00 - $150.00 a night?
    • $150.00 - $200.00 a night?
    • As long as it is not Motel 6, or the Waldorf Astoria, it really does not matter?

squonk

That explains a lot!  :)  :teasing-tease:

RMCIII

Steve - man you are correct about that!

RMCIII

I've been trying to wrap my head around the "regional" thing.... If I am reading the posts rcorrect, that would be "mini-regional clubs" of RS? For instance Geno in KY would be the regional host for that area, Jason would be in MN? Is that what the regional suggestion is meaning?

If that is, that is something that can be coordinated through the forum. The Conference/convention would be then the place where the regions could do some catching up... However, the idea of the conference is to be more of educational purpose, mixed with a trade show, vendors, dealers, ect...... You could even plan a seperate "regional meeting" within the conference for each of the regions... < That is WAY DOWN the road.......

Rob

RMCIII

I posted the same questions on the Bolens Forum talk site.... Currently we are sitting at 70 individuals who have mentioned they are interested in attending or just need a little more information... I'd like to see the number hit the 100 mark, then I'll set up another round of questions focused on content of the conference. Just need to see some more members voting is all.......

Rob

boovuc

Having it where the tractors were made makes a lot of sense. Where I'm from, the community came together many years ago to honor the old employees and the product that put Lock Haven, PA on the map. Sentimental Journey to Cub Haven is held every summer on the grounds of the old Piper Aircraft Corporation and many owners of the old Piper Cubs fly in from all over the country to attend plus a lot of other vintage Pipers.

It had very humble beginnings but has grown through the years.

Only time would tell if a Wheelhorse gatherings would grow but I would bet there are quite a few folks who worked at the facility that still live in the region. Bringing them back on the grounds and letting them tell their stories would be an education all of itself! And I'm sure the town leaders would get behind anything that would bring in revenue and boast of the town's past. On the negative side......liability costs, who owns the grounds and buildings and if they would allow access and a rash of other obstacles would need to be addressed. It would be a huge undertaking.

• Like 2

RMCIII

Boo - great point. Having the 1st one where the WH was made would help to generate some talks about the convention.....

Scott - any chance you would be able to speak with whomwver you mentioned in your thread. May be a good idea to combine strengths and share ideas to see if we could do a host of neat stuff for this 1st. one?

Rob

Edited by RMCIII

RMCIII

Those of you who voted "possibly" need more information.... Would you send me a PM regarding the information you specifically would like to know? I would rather answer individuals questions, then place the next round of poll questions. Ensuring the "Possible" voters questions have been answered.

Rob

Brrly1

Rob, as I have many times before seen this happen you get all of this fired up and going then Nobody shows. Its like selling a tractor. You put adds out stating what your selling get a half dozen calls on saying I'll be right over you sit there patiently waiting and Nobody shows. There's another day wasted. Anyways I think maybe a small deposit be put up for this. You don't show there are No refunds that way hopefully you'll be covered. Good luck

• Like 2

Geno

Hey John, if this is truly done in convention form you would have to pay it all up front to get a badge or "pass" to even get in and there are no refunds.  There will even be a time frame at which time it will be too late to get in.  It's the only way to know exactly what to prepare for.  Conventions are big business.  :)

• Like 1

RMCIII

Thougt I would bring this to the top again and see how are coming along..... Between the (2) Forums we are just below the targeted mark.. could use some more voting from the forum..... Also, I am still looking for PM's from those of you who have voted, on what you would like to see at the convention...... I have some ideas that I think would be of value, but this is about the members and making sure they feel the convention has the essential material to be worth while.

Rob

Edited by RMCIII

RMCIII

Ok….. We are close enough between RS and GT forums I think it is safe to say we have generated enough interest we can set up the next round of polls. These next questions will be very general.. Reason is to make it general to see where the most interest lies in location, seminars, trade show, ect…. Then, once we have an idea of what the majority of the member’s interests are, we can begin to get more specific. Again, this is the members Convention, you are telling me what you want, and I am developing the convention around your responses. Look to see the questions later today.

Rob

857 horse

this idea sounds interesting...

there has to be promotional groups that put on county fairs...events,,,,large antique shows , Barrett Jackson,,Worlds fair

I want to believe there is annual lawn and garden tractor shows that this could become part of...

no matter where it would be held,,,and not everyone is close enough to bring a tractor.. all the vendors,,,,New Ideas,, and clinics that are suggested,,,,

Who would not come...????

• Like 1